Lesson 17

The warm water on his skin somehow relaxed him although what he said ago still bothered him. He shouldn't have said that. It's not that he doesn't want to get the girl's hopes high but it's difficult to tap out now. 

He took a towel, wrapped around his torso and went out of the showers but the thoughts hasn't left him yet. He didn't want to get her hopes high however,  he wants to gain her trust. He wants to gain their trust. For the past few weeks, they have been opening up to him. They treat him well. They are good people, he admits.

He took a cottony shirt and his sweater navy blue pants, finally getting ready for bed. But, I also need the money, he thought. That was the reason why he is in here in the first place. That was the reason why he needs to pretend to be a strict, always serious, goal-oriented but somehow has a good heart etiquette trainer for a bratty young woman- a total opposite of his carefree, scamming trickster playboy. How did I end up being such?

He scoffed and lied on his bed. They'll never know about it. Nobody will. Not even Marcus knows the story. My whole story. Nobody needs to know. That's why I need to be careful. Just because they are warming up to me, doesn't mean I should let my guard down. Call it selfish but I call it surviving. Even if it means hurting a few people. A few good people.

Logan closed his eyes and he saw Chrysalis and that moment when he told her he wouldn't leave them. God, she looked so innocent and naive. He couldn't say no to her- not with those teary bottled green eyes. He thought about the face after she gave him a small kiss? Is it wrong to fantasize to grab her tiny face and kissed her deeply?  What would she be like if I did? I bet her face would turn red. He shifted his position, unaware of the tiny smile on his handsome face. And she weakens. Her scowling face, softens. He let his mind think about her.  And who knows?  Maybe the reason I said them wasn't all about the money after all.

After all, nobody would know. He let his mind thought about Chrysalis because nobody would know.He's always so good at not letting other people know.

When Olivia entered the kitchen the next morning, she smelled the whole place like burnt food and Chrysalis cooking some eggs.

"Goodness gracious! What happened here?!" 

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Chrysalis quickly apologize with spatula on her head, the eggs burning to crisp. "I tried to make breakfast since Freyda and Maria are doing laundry and I really want to help." She bowed her head in embarrassment. She was expecting Olivia would be enrage that her kitchen, one of the favorite rooms in the mansion apart from the conservatory( were she enjoys herself to some sewing and afternoon tea) and her walk-in closet, is in smoke which knowing Olivia she doesn't show rage to others.

And she was right. Olivia smiled and approached her. "Are you hurt dear?"

Chrysalis shook her head in reply. "I'm perfectly fine. The eggs aren't."

"What are you trying to make?"

"Cheesy omelette. The ones you make. I...I really like them." She was feeling the awkwardness of the situation. Her relationship with Olivia was never bad but isn't good also. Anyone in her place would perfectly understand her situation-it's never easy to live in a house where the wife and the legitimate children are also living.

"Really? Do not worry. I will teach you. This was also the first food I taught Deborah when she 1st started cooking." Olivia began scraping the burnt egg and placed it on a glass saucer. She took another pan, 2 fresh eggs, a bowl, some cheese and some fork. "They say eggs are the easiest to cook but, a lot of good cooks often can't make a perfect egg." She cracked an egg and poured it on the heated pan. Chrysalis watched her in awe.