Chapter 70: Car rides

Car rides

New York

The Writer's Point Of View

The door to the house was clicked shut. Ethan pulled his hand up, glancing at the watch settled on his wrist. It was late, later than he had hoped on returning and obviously way later than Mia told him to get home.

He knew damn well Mia would be asleep at this hour. Lately she's been sleeping early and waking up earlier than usual. And with it being this late she would undoubtedly be deep in her state by now.

Silently, Ethan shrugged off his shirt, throwing it back against the luxurious couch before slipping his legs out of his jeans and throwing it on the couch as well. The room was dark considering his girl sleeping in the bed a few feet away, but the moonlight shining through the large balcony door was enough to cast a glow upon the furniture.

Ethan directed himself over to the bed, glancing down over at his unconscious fiancée tangled in the sheets. Her blonde hair ran wild amongst the pillow while soft breathy snores escaped her plump lips.

She was peaceful and he wanted to keep it that way.

She was not something he could lose. She was the only thing he had at the moment other than his parents and sister

Tonight was definitely not Ethan's night. And his attempt to keep quiet as he crawled into bed next to Mia silently was a fail as she began stirring in her sleep.

He was quick to halt his movements, turning back to look at his fiancée who was wiggling around in her position. Her eyes slowly peeled open, a hum of annoyance rooting from her throat.

"Dre?" She asked barely above a whisper

With a sigh, Ethan peeled himself to sit up straight, placing a hand on her cheek in hopes that he could get her back to sleep. "It's okay baby. Go back to sleep."

"What time is it?" Her small voice cracked as she lifted her head off the pillow

"Don't worry. Close your eyes."

But she ignored him, and rolled over to click her phone on from next to her. "Why are you home at 3 am Ethan? Where were you?"

"Don't worry about it." He mumbled, slipping his legs through the comforter.

"No don't tell me to not worry about it. You've been doing this for four weeks now and I haven't seen you properly! The least i fucking deserve is some sort of an explanation. Just stop doing this to me. What the hell is wrong with you Ethan?"