Graduation

This past week things had been hectic with the older kids getting ready for graduation while trying to figure out who was trying to gaslight us. If Mike was alive, where the fuck has he been? If he wasn't, who is the sick fuck trying to drive my cousin insane?

There are too many questions and not enough answers. Then there was the craziness of graduation with everyone rushing around because we all overslept again. That sounds about right with us. Our parents didn't make it better with their yelling.

I swear at one point I thought I saw dad about to lose it with us. What else is new?

We made it to the ceremony on time, sitting behind our parents while the others sat with the other graduating class. As the graduation started, we saw Hope get up and bolt along with Junior following her.

We all turned to see them running to the back, and Hope to throw her head into a garbage can.

"Morning sickness. Gets them every time," Frazier said, earning a slap from Marissa.

After Hope finished tossing her cookies, they went back to their seats.

"Leave it to your kids to disrupt a ceremony Fraz," Ryan said.

"This coming from the man that can never make it to things on time, you would know," he shot back.

"Only you two can make an issue out of things at a time like this," dad said.

Then our mothers shushed them.

As the ceremony dragged on and boy did it drag on, some fell asleep. I thought weddings were boring; graduations rank right up there with them.

Just as our older siblings went up to get their degrees, the few of us who fell asleep got tapped to wake up. We cheered for them as they each received their degree. As much as my brother is a royal pain in the ass, I was still proud of him. Dad was glad he didn't knock up Davina. It satisfied Mom that we didn't embarrass her like usual well until someone told Elijah his fly was open.

"My kid is an idiot," dad said. Both he and mom placed their head in their hands. Yep, leave it to one of us to embarrass our parents in front of everyone.

After they all received their degrees, we walked up, giving them hugs and congratulating them. Our mothers took a million pictures of all of us. Get the family photos with us along with our girlfriends.

"Get together, you guys," mom said, gesturing at us to get together.

"Aw, come on, mom," we all yelled.

"Move it!" Mom snapped.

We groaned as the four of us got together so she could get a picture, then she had dad take one with us, with him being in the middle. Then dad switched spots with her as he took pictures us with her. Then they handed the camera to Mel so she could take photos of the six of us.

Yes, our parents were proud we weren't trying to kill each other until Elijah opened his mouth, then all hell broke loose. My lovely girlfriend got all caught on camera for prosperity.

"What is with you guys and causing trouble?" Ryan said.

"He started it," Elijah and I said, pointing at each other.

"Leave it to your brood to create problems," Frazier said.

"Well, at least they haven't knocked up anyone," Dad deadpanned.

"Fuck you, Jordan," Frazier said, pointing to dad.

"Oh damn, the shit is about to hit the fan," Elijah said.