25 | PHONECALL

Incoming call from Baby Daddy

"Hey, I saw your missed calls, I was in the middle of a press conference."

"Yeah, sorry, totally forgot."

"Um, you sound pissed, what's happened?"

"You forgot to buy the baby monitor and the little security camera things to go in the room."

"Wow, okay, you're pissed about that?"

"Yes, because I asked you to do it like three months ago so that you could set it up whilst you were here, and now you're at press conferences and filming, and I honestly don't like the idea of someone coming in and them doing it."

"You kinda have to understand that I do have other things going on in my life as well, Riley."

"I did give you the option to go, but instead you said you weren't going anywhere, and now I'm painting butterflies on the walls on my own and listening to the sound of own voice."

"There are plenty of others that could have helped, and really, you're going to pull that card? Do I have to remind you that you were the one who didn't take the pill?"

"You were the one with the dick, though, so you're supposed to have a condom on you are all times. Anyways, I'm eight months and two weeks pregnant and we're having this conversation now? Look, could you just order the one you saw so that it arrives before the baby comes?"

"You could have asked me over text, you do know that."

"Well, what if I didn't want to?"

"You're so argumentative it hurts my head, honestly."

"Aren't you glad that we're not together, then."

"Don't use that tone with me."

"..."

"For god's sake, I wasn't being serious, Riley."

"Christopher, shut up."

"You went silent, I worried."

"My water's broke."

"What?"

"She's coming."

"I'm one hundred percent sure it's a boy, but are you sure, the baby's on its way?"

"Chris, my leggings are soaked in amniotic fluid, I'm pretty sure the baby's on its way."

"Okay, okay, remain calm, calm an ambulance and then your mom, I'm booking the first flight back and I'll be there as soon as I can."

"But we planned for a home birth, Chris, I wanted a home birth."

"Riley, now is not the time to moan about the setting of our child's birth. Hang up, call an ambulance and get yourself ready, okay."

"Okay, okay. I'm breathing, and I'm hanging up. I'll call you after I've called your mom so you can know what's going on."

"Alright, hang tight, Jellybean."