Chapter 8

Helga POV

I awoke in the hospital. Everything hurt I had a cast on my arm and apparently I hit my head I had a bandage on my head. I looked over and I see a sleeping Arnold. He is so adorable when he is sleeping. I tossed one of my pillows at him startling him.

"Hey Arnold."

"Helga how are you feeling?"

"Like I was push hard down a flight of stairs. What was her problem? I was trying to get out what was not my place."

"Well she saw that the picture was taken from your room. To be honest she knows that well..." He rubs the back of his head, " well in fifth grade I was starting to have feelings for you."

My eyes widened, "Really!!??"

He reaches over to grab my hand the one that is not broken, "Well yeah."

"I am not trying to ruin the moment when can we go home?"

"You have gotta wait till tomorrow but you might be out for awhile. I will stay with you till tomorrow I have to go to school and I will get your homework plus I will talk to your boss tomorrow too. I will need something from the doctor for your boss."

"Wow you thought of everything!" Just then my father busted through the door.

"HELGA WHAT THE HELL HAPPEND TO YOU? YOU AND YOUR SISTER TOLD THAT YOU WERE LIVING WITH HER!! WHY ARE YOU WITH THE LIKES OF HIM!?"

"Bob I was doing homework at his house and some girl pushed me!"

"I AM SUEING THE BOARDING HOUSE AND THAT GIRL!"

Then Arnold chimed in, "Mr. Pataki sue Lila but not my home. Lila showed uninvited and push her. My home had no part in it!"

"ORPHAN BOY STAY OUT OF IT I WILL SUE WHO I WANT!"

"Bob don't ...." he hit me I flew off the bed.

Arnold POV

I saw what Bob did and I just lost it. I got up and punch him in the face. Her sister Olga walked in and screamed.

"DADDY GET OUT I HAVE FILED FOR CUSODY ON HELGA AND YOU ARE GOING TO JAIL AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TAKE ACTION FOR ANYTHING INVOLVING HER...."She ran to Helga's side, " You have hit my baby sister for the last time. The only one that will pay is you! Helga can live where she wants, and I mean it."

Just then the cops came in and arrested Mr. Pataki for hitting Helga and everything he has done to her over the years. Helga was put back on the bed the doctor came in and told us it would be better if she would get discharged to go home sooner for her safety knowing Big Bob's reputation.

I helped her home and Olga sat and talked to my grandparents. I settle Helga in her bed and went down to talk to everyone.

"Arnold, I would love it if you took care of her. Mr. Shortman about her rent...?"

"I was actually going to talk to you about that to be honest I don't feel right taking that money from her. She can stay here for free as long as you mind just helping out here with food for her... and Arnold she will be under our care." He looked at me.

"Mr. Shortman I will do anything. How about this here is her medical card and I talked to the judge already they will be having my father pay $400 a month for her child support. I will give that to you. We both will be her guardians. I just want her to be happy and this place is where she is the happiest." She looked to me, "For you Arnold I know she loves you how about you do you love her?"

"Olga, I do I love so much even though she has tormented me all these years she still showed she cared in some way! I just wish that was something else I could do for her."

"There is show her that you do. My parents have not shown anything to her since she was born. To be honest I preictally raised her. After she was born, and my father realized she was a girl he despised her. See he wanted a boy. Mommy started to drink after that. When I left for collage that was a big mistake because she was yet not old enough to take care of herself, but she had to. My father wanted me to get my education I wish that there was something more I could have done. But you can.......*sniffles*...... Help her to love she has changed Arnold you are a sweet young man, and you deserve her. She is a sweet young lady when she wants to be, and you both need one another. Just think about she has waited for a long time for you. Don't make her wait forever."

I walked over to her and hugged her, "I won't."

I walked upstairs and grandpa and Olga talked a bit more. I went to Helga's room she slept soundly. I went over and kissed her forehead and whispered to her, "You are mine I will protect you forever. I love you!"