TWO

Sandy and I just barely made it to the bus stop, before the bus headed toward our needed destination...so I raced after it and flagged it down...and asked if they had enough room for two more passengers heading to Vegas...the elderly driver gave me a smile, and said he always had room for two ladies as lovely as us...he opened the doors and welcomed us aboard...I handed him the money for the ride, and headed to the nearest empty seats on the bus...and plopped down in them and relaxed knowing we were really on our way out of Texas...forever.

I knew Sandy and I probably weren't going to stay together after we both found our inner calling...but until then...we would be staying together...but I would be ok...after all I was 22 years old...and quite old enough to be on my own...I just wasn't use to the fact...yet. Sandy was 25 years old...and didn't live at the house with our parents like I did...but she still wanted to get far away from them...and stay closer to me...for we were all each other had. The road trip was long and mostly boring...until we decided to play a few road games...and listen to music together until we both fell asleep. The bus had to make many stops for fill up on gas...and one time we had to wait so they could fix the flat tire they had. After several hours of riding we finally made it to the Nevada state line...now all we had to do was wait just a little bit longer...and we would get to see the huge Welcome to Las Vegas sign...which I for one, couldn't wait to see.

But unfortunately neither of us got to see the sign...because we both passed out...and the next time I woke up...the bus just had stopped at the Las Vegas Bus Stop...and filling station...the driver opened the doors for us...and told us to stay safe and have fun...then we both grabbed out bags and walked across the street and down the sidewalk...not really knowing where to go...until we came upon a cheap motel...and decided to stay there for a while...until we found something a little better...after we got settled in...we took turns using the shower...to get the stinky bus smell off of us...and got dressed up...so we could go job hunting...but instead we decided to have a little fun first...then go look for a job.

We walked into every club we found...and danced, had a couple drinks, and before leaving each one, we asked the club boss if they were looking for two honest and hard workers...but everywhere we went we seemed to hit a zero...It was beginning to get late...and instead of the city being lit up by the sun...it was lit up by the awesome city lights...it was more beautiful at night than it was in the daytime...and every Casino and Hotel Lodge was just jumping with activity. I got the sudden urge to try my luck at one of the machines in the Bellagio...but Sandy told me it was a waste of time and money...I smiled at her and asked her where her sense of fun and adventure was...she gave me a smirk and said it left her an hour ago...at the last club we hit...that was her way of telling me that she was tired and wanted to put her feet up for the night.

I gave in and told her to just hold on with me for just another half hour...then we could go back to the Motel. I went into the casino...and placed a dollar in the first machine I came up too...and slowly pulled the lever down...the next thing I knew all the alarm bells were going off, and the lights were flashing bright red and green...for a split second I was getting ready to make a run for it...until the guards and casino owner came out and shook my hand...and congratulated me for winning the jackpot...then he asked me for my ID...I pulled my wallet out and showed him my license...then he walked me into the casino and asked me if I was staying there at the casino...I told him no...but I would love too...beens the Motel we were currently in...wasn't the greatest...and that I was new to the city...and didn't know much about it...he put his arms around me lovingly and said I came to the right place...and beens I was a winner...he'd set me and my sister up in his finest suite...and when we came down...all the drinks were on the house for us.

I ran out the door and excitedly told Sandy what just happened and that we needed to get out shit together for we were moving into the Bellagio hotel...with special treatment...because I just won the jackpot!!...she looked at me and asked me if I was playing with her...I showed her my winning receipt...and that all my winnings were in my personal Bellagio bank account that they set up for me...when Sandy saw the huge amount of money I won...she almost fell backward...but managed to keep her joy in until it sank in good...then she screamed out that I was rich!!...3 million dollars!! The Bellagio's personal Cab service took us to the motel where we were staying and brought us back free of charge...but I gave the driver a nice tip anyway...just for being a very nice guy.

The Owner came out and escorted me and my sister personally to one of his suites on the top floor...and said we were welcome to stay as long as we desired...but I couldn't resist the temptation...so before he left...I asked him if there were any job openings by any chance in his casino...that my sister and I were very honest workers...he looked at me and said for us both to come down to his office first thing in the morning...and he'd have a talk with us...I shook his hand and thanked him for everything...then after he handed me the room key...and shut the door behind him I looked at my sister and gave a few loud satisfying squeals...and told her we were going to make it here!!