TWENTY

Criss moved in more closely and touched my hand...and rubbed it gently...then reached over and kissed it gently...and asked me if I could move again...to let him know that I was waking up...it took me a while to transmit what I was hearing...but I did eventually slowly move two of my fingers...and slightly moved my lips into a tiny smile...after hearing Criss's voice...Criss jumped out of his chair and ran thru the halls hollering at everyone that his Bess was waking up!!...and that he needed the doctor in there right now!!

Criss ran back into the room and flew in the chair...and grabbed my hand again and told me that he was back...and that he wanted me to open my beautiful baby blues so he could look into them again...I began to move around more...as I tried lifting my arm to get the tubes out of my nose...but Criss told me not too...that the doctor would be in to remove all the irritating shit for me...I slowly opened my eyes..but the light stung them so I closed them tightly...Criss ran over to the lights and shut them off except for the tiny night light behind my bed...and then he asked me to try again...I was a little scared too...but I opened them slightly and when it didn't hurt...I opened them up and looked around the room in a panic...wondering where I was...Criss calmed me down while rubbing my head and cheek...and told me everything that happened...and how long he and I both been in the hospital.

I really looked at Criss for the first time...and pointed to his hair...beens the respirator was still in my mouth...I knew I wouldn't be able to talk for a long while...and my throat felt like sandpaper...Criss smiled down at me..and said that's right...he grew it out just for me...I smiled up at him...as a couple tears went down my face...Criss suddenly hopped out of the chair...and his quick movements made me jump...as he said...that he needed to call everyone...and let them know that I was finally awake. He called Sandy first, and he let her relay the message to Rachel and Kim...while he called his mom and brother's to let them know that I was awake!! But Criss didn't stay on the phone long...he hung up abruptly on all of them so he could have all of his undivided attention on me.

The doctor came in and first removed the IV's now that I no longer needed them...and he had two nurses come in...to help hold me down...because removing the respirator was a little tricky on a patient that was fully awake...because it was uncomfortable and painful when removing it...as they pulled it out gently I was gagging the entire time which put Criss in an uproar...and told them to hurry up and get it out of me already...but they finally got it out...then they sprayed a mist into my mouth just to moisten it...because I wouldn't be able to drink anything for at least three hours...all I could have was a little wand with a few drops of water to moisten my mouth and tongue with.

After they left, Criss hopped in the bed with me and wrapped around me and apologized for everything that he said...and that he hoped I would forgive him...I wrapped my arm around his head and held it close to my heart and ran my fingers thru his longer gorgeous hair...and shook my head yes...so he would know that I forgave him...then I kissed his forehead...and relaxed again and closed my eyes...but I never let go of him...which he didn't care at all...because moments later he was sleeping like a baby...for the first time since I got put in the hospital. My sister and my new unknown brother in law...was the first ones to make it to my room...but they stayed very quiet when they saw Criss was sound asleep...but they both managed to give me a hug and kiss...then Sandy handed me a get well teddy with a small bouquet of flowers. I noticed the wedding band on Sully's ring when he kissed me...and pointed to it...Sully gave me a smile then showed me Sandy's matching ring...and said they got hitched several months ago...during his tour in Detroit.

I smiled at them both and gave them two thumbs up...but when I took my hand of Criss's face...he nudged and nuzzled around until he got his head back under my hand...which they all thought was actually kind of adorable...Rachel, Klayton, Kim, and Kyle all came in next I reached out for all of them...wanting hugs...when it was Klayton's turn...I thought he was never going to let go of me...and he was crying he was so happy and relieved that I was awake...and back with them...I kissed his cheek and playfully tugged on his piercing...just like I used too...just to let him know that I really missed him too. They all sat down on the bed and just began to pour out all the things that happened to them while I was playing sleeping beauty. I had a look of shock when I was told that Kim was 3 months pregnant...but then I shook it off and realized that I have been in a coma for a long while. I grabbed Kim's hand and Kyle's for my way of congratulating them...because I was going to be speechless for another few hours.

They stayed with me for over four hours, before they said they had to get back home...because Kyle, Rachel, and Sandy had to get back to work...Kim wanted to stay...but Kyle told her that she needed to get back home and get into bed or in the recliner to elevate her legs...for during her pregnancy she had a lot of water weight and build up around her ankles and feet...and they were always tender and sore. Klayton kissed Rachel before she left...and said that he was going to stick around a while longer...Sully kissed me on the forehead...and welcomed me back...then ran out the door chasing my sister down to their car...so he could drive...he loved his wife...but he was a nervous wreck whenever she tried to get behind the wheel of his car...she had serious road rage...and a lead foot...and he just paid off all of her speeding tickets.

But I wasn't going to be alone for long...twenty minutes after they left...mama D, Jd, and Costa came rolling in carrying huge welcome back cards, stuffed critters, and tons of flowers...but the best thing of all...was all their hugs and kisses...and tears of happiness...and as Criss lay there sound asleep in my arms still...Dimitra looked down at her son...and then looked at me and said that her Crisstopher's hair was long again!