TWENTY-TWO

Criss just kept smiling at me...waiting for an answer from me...but I was speechless...I literally didn't know how to respond to him...because I never thought in a million years, that Criss would take that final step with me...and want to spend his life with me...of all people...me! I just kept staring at the ring and looking at the words on the paper...and crying happily. Criss wrapped his hand around mine and entwined our fingers and asked me if I would be forever his...but I needed to hurry up and either accept him or say no...before he got cold feet and ran away...like runaway bride...only this time it would be runaway groom. I smiled up at him and slowly peeled the ring off the paper...and handed it to him...so he could place it on my finger for me...as he slid the ring on my finger...I whispered yes to him...then he kissed me very passionately...and when he pulled away he had a few tears himself...and told me never to scare him like that again...and that I was never allowed to leave him.

I held him close to me and told him that I never had any wants to ever leave him...no matter how much of an ass he could be...he pulled away and said only I could put up with his shit...and still want him...I smiled at him and gave him a silly face, and told him I was crazy that way if he didn't already know it. Criss changed the subject and asked me if I was ready to leave the hospital and go home...I stood up out of the bed and walked to the door...and said I was so ready to go...Criss hopped up and packed all of his shit that he had his family bring him while he stayed there and flung it over his shoulder and wrapped his free arm around me...and said he was ready too. Criss walked me to the main desk and said he was signing me out...that I was ready to go home...the head nurse looked at my chart...and seen that the doctor gave her the ok to leave...so she handed Criss the release form...and Criss signed it...and handed it back to her...then put me back into his arms...and opened the doors and walked out with me.

Criss was excited to take me home...but I just wanted to stand there in the sunshine for a moment and breathe in the air...and look at the sights...happy and relieved that I was able to see it all again...but as I looked at Criss...I could swear he was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen...the way he smiled at me...I wondered if he was reading my mind or not...but I stepped toward him...and grabbed his hand...as we walked to his car...he opened the door for me...then he slid in behind the wheel, and before he switched the ignition on...he tapped the steering wheel a few times...then he looked at me...and reached over and kissed me...and told me how much he loved me...and that he would never stop telling me how much...so he'd never have to feel the pain of guilt like he did the entire time in the hospital...not knowing if I was going to make it out...I touched his face...and told him...he didn't have to tell me...because I knew...for if he didn't...he would've kicked my ass out along time ago...and would have been back with that blond anorexic floozy.

Criss looked at me and said never...I tapped the key...and asked him to take me home...that I really wanted to see Hammie...and I was positive that he thought his daddy abandoned him...Criss looked at me...and said Hammie was with Costa...and probably giving him all kinds of trouble. I held onto his hand and asked him if we could go get him...before we went to the suite...it just wouldn't be right without Hammie with us...Criss kissed my hand and turned around...and headed to Costa's house...but he wasn't home so Criss grabbed his lock pick...and opened the door and called Hammie...then brought him to me...and as I rubbed and scratched his head...Criss gave him a call and told him that he picked up his son...and was going home...Costa snickered and said good riddance. After Criss got me to our suite...I went straight to the bed wanting to take a nap...I was still a little weak from it all...but he said I'd get out of it soon. Hammie jumped up with me...and curled up on my chest wanting to sleep too...Criss hopped in beside us both and snuggled with me...and said family naptime. 

The next three months went by so fast like the water in a constantly moving river...I was back to my old self...and quite energetic...all my friends were ecstatic about my engagement...and Mama D was in tears of joy when she saw the ring on my finger...but since she found out...she's been nagging to both of us about the wedding date...and the talk about grandkids...I snickered and asked Jd and Costa if Mama D ever did that to them...Jd said all the time...but his job was done...he gave her a granddaughter...and Costa didn't even have a girlfriend...so he was in the clear...but now that Criss popped the question...Mama D was going to hassle me and him all the time until we gave her what she needed. 

Kim was now in the hospital in the process of delivering their baby girl...and she for one was very happy that she wanted out...because she was getting to be a little bit heavy on her...after 6 and a half hours...her and Kyle's little girl said hello to the world...and as Kyle handed her to Kim...he asked her what her name should be...Kim looked at her little bundle of joy and said her name should be Hannah...Kyle gave her a sweet kiss and told her that it was the perfect name for her...for she was just like a ray of sunshine. Rachel was there with Klayton so she could hold her little niece for the first time...Klayton looked at her...but he was a little nervous about holding her...toddlers and young kids no problem...but newborn infants...he was afraid of breaking them...because they were so dainty and fragile. But when he saw how Rachel was so good at it...he just had to ask again...Klayton stood up and asked her when in the hell was she going to accept his wedding proposal...because he's been asking her now for over 2 years now...and he was tired of all the waiting.