"I'm So Broke I Decided To Become A Bounty Hunter"

Thalia

I gave up, I gave his back one final bite-and my bum received the same treatment in return. All through the walk to the house I kicked, and bit Ryder, but he just smacked my butt for every hit I gave him.

"I'll be sleeping in the guest room. Happy now?" I said when we were inside the house. "You can put me down, I won't run." There was no way he was not going to catch me anyway.

"No and no, baby. You will be sleeping in our room and we are going to fucking talk about what you're doing in a fucking club dressed like that sitting on the fucking lap of a drug lord."

Really, why did he had to put a curse word in every sentence he says? "Just so you know, I was doing my fucking work to fucking kill the fucking drug lord whose lap I fucking sat on!" I wriggled. "Will you put me the fuck down?"

Even in my upside down state, I still caught a look how the inside of the house looked like-or at least a small part of it. The first thing I noticed was the small picture of Ryder and me with his parents in one of the many picnics we'd had before, placed on a black marble-looking table that was probably more than half of my five-foot four, where he landed his keys. It followed by two or three more frames that went in a blur.

He walked up the white-tiled stairs, still carrying me, then in to the master's bedroom. "I will be civilize and let you explain why the fuck are you on a mission to kill my job, before I rip that dress off you," he growled.

My mouth closed and opened, but no words came out. I just glared at the back of his upturned fat head.

He sat me down on the bed and started taking off his clothes. "What, you gonna glare at me all night?"

I stayed rooted to where he'd put me and I could only watch as he unraveled himself in front of me. I took him in, noted the changes he'd gone through over the years. He was bulkier now and more tan, unlike before that he was quite lean and fair skinned. He also looked like he was much taller than I remembered, the way he moved had also changed-he proceeded with certainty. He now also had a tattoo, some sort of numbers, half an inch of height, placed on his left pectoral in three lines, near his heart.

His hair didn't change, though-still a low fade military haircut-even his face, time was good on him. His handsome face before, now became gorgeous, his built was that of a hard worker added from constantly hitting the gym. I watched the muscles of his forearm shift as he unsnapped the button of his jeans and I had to fist the black sheets of the bed to keep myself from standing and attacking him.

Focus Thali, dammit! "There was a hit on him. I saw him, I took him." I summarized. I might have failed my team but I will not rat them, that's the least I could do for flunking the mission.

"Oh, so you're a hitman now?" Only in his boxer briefs, he stood in front of me, displaying me his sculpted torso. His junk leveled to my face.

Oh, wow. I stared at his growing manhood. It twitched. "Nara," he growled.

"Huh? What?" I looked up at him, restraining my eyes to not look at somewhere else other than his face. "Yeah, I am. I take out bad guys."

He looked down on me, brows knitting. "How did a fucking office worker, who can't even hurt a goddamned fly, be a freaking hitman, or taking out bad guys as you said?" Again with the cursing.

What, he thought he could lecture me about stuffs? "Why do you care?" My anger and irritation grew as seconds passed.

He ran his hand on his short, jet black hair. "Because I do," he kneeled between my legs and looked into my eyes. "I love you, Nara. Now, tell me, what were you doing in that place?"