The Plan For The Awaited

Thalia

I stared at the shoes that Gid bought as the silence of the room filled me. I stayed where he left me, and observed the room once again. The place was cold, not from the appearance, but from the temperature. Seemed like the colors of the stuffs in here were chosen in this manner to compensate for the coldness. Three red couches arranged to face each other, orange carpet filled the floor of the whole area which started from the door-less entrance at the end of the hall and ended in front of Ryder's boss's office. Plastic plants in the corners and a wooden coffee table at the center.

I had been waiting for almost thirty minutes, and the queasy feeling kept popping. My worry for my husband never left, the way he looked earlier felt like he was about to do something big, something that would probably affect a life of a person. Probably end it.

I wonder when they would catch this Rebecca Alastair, or would they ever catch her? Will this constant danger and looking over our shoulder ever stop? I was in my own world that I hadn't stopped to think about what problems and dangers my husband faced. All for the sake of proving myself.

"Baby,"

My musings broke when I heard Ryder's deep voice. I hadn't noticed that I was staring at the table and looked up to him.

"Hi." In that one word contained my relief, worry, and happiness to see him. I still couldn't shake the notion that he might come back to me bloodied, like he did three weeks ago.

"Are you okay, baby?" He went to sit next to me and I immediately wrapped my arms around his middle.

Are you? Was my silent query.

He sighed tiredly. My gut told me that something was wrong, but I decided to just ask him later when we were alone.

"Can you wait for another few minutes?" He kissed my head and pulled back to look at my face. "I'll just give these papers to my boss," he explained further.

I nodded as my eyes landed on Gid who was looking at me with, curiosity? I raised my eyebrows at him, silently asking why as Ryder got up and went for his boss's door. He just shrugged and went to sit on the couch he vacated earlier.

My throat was tickling my mouth to ask Gid what happened, but battled against it.

Ryder

The sound of the closing door sounded like a bomb explosion in my ears.

"The exchange will happen on the thirty-first at midnight, sir." I stated as I walked in front of my commander's desk. "At Pier 25, Hudson River. She didn't say what the trades will be." I wasn't able to ask because I left like my ass was on fire, having been affected by Cassandra's words, but I wouldn't say that.

Garick folded his hands together on the huge table. "I'll contact Carson, Oberto, and Di Laurentis. Tell them to come here." With that said, he swiveled his chair, turning his back to me.

Dismissed. Wait outside for further instruction. Got it.

Over the years that I worked with Garick, I got used to his silent commands. The guy wasn't that much of a talker.

I exited my boss' office and walked towards Nara, who was waiting with probably a fucktons of questions in her mind.

"Hi, baby." I sighed as I sat next to her.

She just smiled at me and wrung her hands.

These revelations were more tiring than being in combat for two fucking days. I wanted to tell her about Cassandra and her family, but it seemed like it was not the appropriate time for it. The way she looked at me told me that she knew something was wrong, well, more to, than this setup.