The Cockypop You Called a Boyfriend

Ryder

That motherfucking bitch! All along I was trying to cover as much information about myself to keep my wife protected, but shit, they sniffed better than we anticipated.

Were we already compromised even before we first scouted the club? Or did they already know us even before that?

Leaving and delivering things addressed to the house was their way to send a message that they knew. And fuck me for thinking that Nara was safe alone in the house.

I stared at her curious, brown eyes. My heart. I would answer her questions but I wouldn't give it all up. I didn't want to stress and burden her mind further.

"When you left, I retired as a cop, I took over dad's company. I had intel of everything you were going and doing, though. Following you everywhere became my free-time hobby." I chuckled humorless and buried my face in her hair to calm my heart and mind from thinking what would have had happened if she didn't leave after the busted assignment. She'd always smelled the same; sweet like strawberries and intoxicating like a drug. Addictive.

I knew that she slept on benches after she left, I knew she worked three jobs, and I knew about the piled interests of her loan, but she knew that already. What I didn't know was the way her fucking pussy of a boss treated her in her previous office, it infuriated me to think that she experienced that because she left. Because of me. That ass-face might have been fired by now-or a few seconds ago after I ended my call to the president of the company, threatening to withdraw the shares that the Blackett Group invested.

My father's company was very influential-not to brag, but he owned almost half of New York's top and rising firms, and had several company branches all over the world that were standing successfully on their own. There was no particular product that the group promotes, coffee, beauty line, hotel, restaurant, mall, construction, name it we have it. Even now that I practically own all of them, they were still his, as he single handedly built the corporation.

The last I saw her was when she applied for a job in a company and got hired. After that she somehow disappeared, went under radar. I couldn't find her no matter what resource I turn to. I went to her favorite restaurants hoping to one day see her there and I was not let down. I saw glimpses of her, she looked good, happy even, so I distanced myself farther than I already was. If she was happy and safe I thought.

"How's d-your dad and mom?" They were her parents too, so she had every goddamned right to call them hers.

"They're yours too, baby. And they are fine, they miss you." Ever since her relatives she called family casted her out at a very young age, my parents didn't hesitate to take her in and made her live with them while I stayed at the academy dorms.

I saw sadness and longing in those breathtaking eyes. I kissed her eyelids, her nose, and everything on her face hoping to chase the gloom away.

"We'll visit them sometime." I told her which she nodded at.

Then a fucking memory slipped in. "Remember Paul?" The prick who was probably rotting in a cell right now or better yet dead. Fucker.

"Yeah."

"Two years ago. You were happily dating that cockypop you call a boyfriend." Imagining that asswipe's face brought back bad memories and I wanna do the things I did to him all over again.

I saw them on a date when I went for a drink in one of her favored resto. The dickhead's hands were all over her and he kept touching Nara's butt as they were going to their reserved table. I wanted to go there and bash his head and take my wife away, but I saw that she was content. She was laughing. And that was like a motherfucking punch on the chest, the one that made it so hard to breathe and felt like you're about to die.

"Hey!" She moved to get down but I kept her in place, there was no way I would let her sulk because of that pencil dick. "Must we talk like this?"

Yes. I nodded. I could come up a thousand more names for him, baby. "I thought to just quit, stop following you. Give you up, because you were happy. Contented. I told myself to do one last background check and that was it. I would leave you to him and..." I exhaled a breath. Why was it so hard to fucking hold the goddamned tears from welling up my eyes? "You know, even now I couldn't say that I'll move on when you find somebody you'll be happy with. I'll probably grow old bitter and die single, but I'll never stop loving you. I'll probably regret letting you go in my deathbed, but as I let my last breath go, I'll be thinking of you."

She sighed. But then, a single tear ran down her cheek. I panicked for a moment, watching the salty liquid slide down to her chin.

When our eyes met, I saw it. The way she looked at me like I was-am-her hero, like I could give the world to her, and I would if she asked.

I smiled. The smile I knew she always sighed for. "You're falling for me again, aren't you?" I wiped the lone tear that was about to fall on her shirt-my shirt. It was a mystery how she could still look so sexy wearing my shirts, when they swallowed her small frame.

She swatted my shoulder. "You're crazy." But she couldn't help but smile back.

And then I remember what we were really talking about and it was like plunging in an ice-water bath.