Chapter 10 • Couldn't Do It

Dark's POV

Craze let me stay in his place until I found a place of my own. Craze was a very unique demon, he held some magic at times that wouldn't be healthy for me. Eventually, I found a decently priced apartment building to stay in.

After a while of sorting things out, I finally got everything together that was mine and brought it to the place. As soon as everything was set in place, I realized that there was one extra closet that I didn't need. For some reason, some specific idea came to me for what to put in that tiny closet.

I rummaged through the remaining boxes, finding a picture of Anti smiling. I remember that time... He was sitting next to me on a Ferris wheel that we rode at a nearby fair, and he was afraid of the height, so I took out my camera and told him to smile his fears away.

I stared at the picture for a while, finally putting it on the small shelf in the empty closet. I hugged the picture, and said as I closed the door, "I miss you."

---

All I remember is I had just gotten back from Anti's burial, and then I somehow blacked out. I remember closing my front door, turning around, and starting to sob. I remember sliding to the ground slowly, while still crying. Then I just... I don't know.

And now, I found myself feeling depressed as all hell, less than an inch away from stabbing myself in the arm. I was in the bathroom with one of my kitchen knives. I kept pretending/trying to stab myself, but I kept stopping at the last second. "Don't... do it... for... Anti..." I groaned and dropped the knife onto the counter. I dropped to the bathroom floor and curled up into a little ball in the corner, crying quietly.

"He needs me... to be strong... but how can I be... when I'm broken..." I muttered to myself. "Goddammit!" I yelled and stood up, smacking everything off of the counter. The bathroom was now a big mess.

"I should've fucking died... HE SHOULD HAVE LIVED, DAMMIT!" I yelled, running into my bedroom and grabbing my phone. "Cr-Craze... Please come, I'm afraid of what I'll do to myself if someone isn't here to stop me..." I said after he answered the phone.

About fifteen minutes later, the door opened and Craze came running into my room. I was kneeling next to the bed with my head resting on my arms, sobbing. He kneeled down next to me and rubbed my back.

"What's been happening so far?" He asked me comfortingly. "Well... I w-was so close to stabbing myself in the a-arm... but I couldn't do it... I m-made a mess in th-the bathroom..." I said. He stood up and walked into the bathroom, seeing everything that was on the counter including the knife thrown onto the floor. He walked back in.

"Well, I'm glad you stopped yourself." He said softly.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

THIS IS SAD

- Kayla