Chapter One • Struggle

The Watchers Business was a very successful business that captured stray demons that wandered the streets. They were thought of as complete monsters with no humanity, but that wasn't even a slight bit true.

Anti was one of these peaceful, harmless demons that was homeless and roamed around every day. He had a friend/lover named Dark, and they only had each other in this world. No one else accepted them.

One day, Anti took some of the remaining money he and Dark had and began walking to the grocery store to buy some food. Dark followed behind him, not wanting anything bad to happen to Anti while the Watchers only got more popular.

Sure enough, they were caught.

Anti's POV

Dark and I walked slowly and quietly to the store, barely even saying a word. We had to keep quiet and calm, for going out like this would never be easy.

We were crossing a certain street, when a truck dashed in front of me, missing hitting me by less than an inch. The truck came to a halt, as some men jumped out from the back of it. I turned my body towards them with a confused look on my face.

They yelled some words that I couldn't clearly understand, then they pulled two long sticks out. "Woah, woah, hey..." Dark tried to find out what was going on.

Suddenly, one of them flung the stick at me, and a sharp string wrapped around my neck and tightened almost immediately. It stung and burnt as I screamed, jumping backwards. Dark started running at me to help, before he was caught too.

We were pulled violently towards the men, us both struggling hard to not be shoved inside the truck. The man yanked the string hard, causing me to fly forward and fall on my stomach.

I felt my neck being pulled up, and I kneeled on the cold ground. "Get in the truck, freak." He said sternly. I decided not to go through any more burning neck pain than I already had, so I obeyed.

I stepped into the truck, crying hard and scared. Dark was eventually forced into the vehicle, as the men ran to the front seats of the car and drove off. Dark leaned down and worked on getting the rope off my neck.

Once it was off, he checked the wound. It stung really bad, and there was blood dripping down my neck. I just cried and watched the extra materials in the mini room we were in shift around as the vehicle turned, stopped, etc.

Dark took off his sweatshirt, wrapping it around the wound to stop the bleeding. He had a white tank top on under it. I looked down at him with a sad expression on my tear-stained face. "Dark... I'm scared..." I mumbled, sniffling.

He pulled me into a hug and stroked my head. "Shh, I promise we will both be okay. I promise with all my heart. Just stay strong for now, okay?" He said. I nodded, hugging him tight and enjoying being by his side while it lasted.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hey guys! What do you think they're gonna do to Anti and Dark when they're at the... wherever they're going. HOPE U ENJOYED K THX BAI

- AntiGirl