Chapter 4 • Out

Anti's POV

It had been a week that I had been in here. There was one guard that seemed to get me, for an unknown reason. He would talk to me, and help me feel a little better. One rainy night, he fell asleep in front of my cell. I suddenly heard some shuffling outside the bars on the single window.

I stood up and looked through to see what that sound was. This place was so empty, inside and out, so there was rarely any sounds once everyone was asleep. I heard it again, and I tried to look further, but the bars held me back.

I sat back down, looking at Dark's note. "Keep checking your window, I'll be there... Does that mean he's coming to rescue me?" I whispered to myself. "Yes." A deep voice spoke from outside the window. I jumped up and saw Dark's face on the other side.

"Shh, this isn't going to be easy. Toss me your blanket and the note." He said, and I did. "Now, I have a tool that's going to pull these bars apart, which means you're going to have to squeeze really tight through them." I nodded.

Dark held up a metal wrench, and quietly started to pull at the rusted bars. He got one pretty far to the side, then the other had some trouble but it eventually gave in. We grabbed each other's arms and Dark pulled. I crawled through the open space as quickly as possible, then suddenly, I was out.

I jumped up and hugged him, as he wrapped the blanket around me. "You've been through too much for the past week or two. Now here..." Dark whispered, turning around and signaling for me to get on his back. I did, and I kept the blanket around me.

Dark's POV

While I walked along the sidewalk, I heard some snoring coming from Anti. "Cutie." I whispered when I realized he'd fallen asleep. I kept walking and walking, soaking wet in the pouring rain. I finally saw the old wooden shack that I found after being freed.

I set Anti on the bed, then went to sleep on the couch. I sat there with my eyes wide open for a while. I don't know why I couldn't sleep. I guess I was just full of happiness that my beautiful little bean was free. I finally felt my heavy eyes close and I was sleeping.

---

The next morning, I woke up to see Anti sitting on the couch at my feet. "Good morning, gorgeous." I said, causing him to blush and smile. "Mornin'. I need to ask you something, Dark." Anti said.

"What is it?" "I wanted to know how you lived through the execution." I felt guilt drop like heavy weights on top of me. "Well, Anti, they told me that I didn't 'look demon-y enough.' They said that looks counted now." "Well, why wasn't I brought into the execution."

I could see tears threatening to fall on Anti's face. "Dark... W-Were they gonna use me, t-to torture...?" I looked down. "I mean, I guess. I honestly don't know." When I looked back up, his face was right in front of mine.

The tears were finally running down his cheeks. He cupped his face in his hand and sobbed. "D-Dark... They want me, j-just to h-hurt me!!!" Anti yelled. "Shhh, I know, it's okay. You're safe now." I pulled Anti into a hug, and I heard him mutter, "I love you." "I love you too." I said.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hey guys! WHOOP ANTI IS OUT

- Kayla