Chapter 3 • He's Gone, Or Is He?

Dark's POV

I jumped up to the loud, screeching sound of a whistle. "The choosing and the executions will happen quickly because we have new demons in here every day and we need to get rid of them. If your name is called, you will be taken out of your cell and brought to the prepping room. Here we go."

The man started calling out names as demons screamed out in fear when their names were called. I held Anti's hand tight as we looked down at the ground and hoped for life.

Anti's POV

The last of the demons were carried out, but neither my nor Dark's name was called out. Then, suddenly, once everyone else had left, the man spoke loud and clear, "Dark Iplier." Two soldiers grabbed his arms and hauled him towards the door as I screamed.

"NOO! DON'T TAKE HIM, PLEASE, KILL ME INSTEAD! PLEASE GOD NO! DARK!!!!" I screamed in between sobs. I reached my hand out of the cell as my red cheeks pressed against the cold iron bars.

"Dark!!!!!" I yelled out, as he was finally taken out of the room. I heard him yelling my name.

I sunk down to the floor, placing my head in my hands and sobbing my eyes out. "That was the last name." The man said, exiting the room. I was the only demon that wasn't killed.

Days past by and all I could think about was Dark and how he was gone. Why did I let him slip through my fingers, I shouldn't have let go of his hand.

After about three days past, I was sitting with my legs crossed on the stone bed. I hugged my pillow and cried, when suddenly a man walked in. It feels like forever since someone was in here. "You have a package and a card." He said.

I looked up at him and picked up the card that he slid into my cell, before grabbing the package as he walked off. I slowly slid open the paper card and read what it had to say.

' Dear, Anti
I love you.
With all my heart,
body, soul, all my life.
Oh, Anti.
I miss you.
I need you
Right by my side.
Keep checking
The window
I'll be there
There for you.
And when I get there.
I'll save you.
I will free you,
Remember,
You're so beautiful.
- Dark '

I covered my mouth, trying not to scream with joy. Was Dark alive? I don't know, but this note was comforting. The package laid next to me, and I picked it up and opened it. It was a pink blanket that had Dark's signature at the bottom.

I immediately took it out and wrapped it around me, feeling Dark's warmth with it. Wow, I didn't know how much I was craving his warmth until now.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

AWWW SO CYAT ahem anyways

- Kayla