Chapter 9 • Truth Be Told

Dark and Craze went home in silence. Dark went straight to bed once they got there, but Craze knew he wasn't going to sleep.

Dark's POV

I sat there, sobbing and laying in the guest bed. I couldn't believe I let that happen to him. Why couldn't I have died, instead... He didn't deserve it! I gripped the pillow, missing him.

The whole night, I couldn't sleep. I wanted to die so much... no... I made a promise, I have to keep it. That morning, I opened my baggy eyes. No sleep at all. I sat up and looked around the room.

I heard a knock at the door. "Come in..." I said. Craze opened the door and sat on the edge of the bed. "The funeral is planned. It's tomorrow afternoon. I'm sorry, Dark." Craze said. I looked down and felt even worse. "O-Okay..." I said.

He looked up at me and walked out. I got dressed, not bothering to fix my hair, and I headed towards the front door after putting my shoes on. "I'm going for a walk." I said, seeing Craze on the couch. He nodded as I opened the door.

Walking around, I realized how bland this place had become after the bombing. It made everything even worse. I was so crushed right now.

This is a sad Le time skip.

This was it. Craze and I were leaving for the funeral in about ten minutes. I looked at myself in the mirror, seeing a plain, colorless, and broken man staring back at me. I have pale white skin, with deep, black eyes and pitch black hair. I'm not exciting to look at.

This made me think about Anti's beauty. His green hair lying perfectly on top of his head while the nice brown hair surrounded the rest of his head. His young beard, and his one sparkling green and one faded blue eye, everything about him was amazing. And his ears, their point always gave me happiness.

"Dark? You ready?" I heard Craze yell from the living room. "No." I said back, walking out. I had a black and white suit, nothing special. Craze wore the same. We dragged ourselves out to the car, got in, and started driving.

I looked out the window, seeing pouring rain. Of course. The world was sad to lose such a perfect man. I watched the drops hit the ground one by one.

"We're here." Craze said, parking the car. He handed me a black umbrella (He had his own), and we got out. He put his arm around me. "Let's go." He said as we started walking. It was an outdoor funeral, as that was what Anti loved. The outdoors.

Craze and I took our seats in the reserved spots meant for us. I just kept looking at the ground.

---

After a little while, it was time. I had a speech prepared. Here we go... I stood up and walked to the podium, seeing Anti's casket right behind me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I slowly opened them and started speaking my short speech.

"Anti... A demon different from any other demon you'd ever meet. He wasn't wicked, he didn't hate like they do. He had a heart. But, whenever one has a heart, people tear it to shreds. He was left, broken beyond fixing by the time I'd come across him. I loved him, I could feel how broken he was. He realized I could help. I thought I had fixed him. But fate always decides that happiness just shouldn't last. Death had hit. And it hurts. Truth be told, he didn't deserve it." I finished off my speech with a few extra words, then muttering a 'thank you' and stepping down. I could hear people crying.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

IN THE ARMSSSSSS OFFFFF THE ANGELSSSSS FLY AWAYYYYYYYY FROM HEREEEEE

- Kayla