Chapter 17 • It Gets Worse

Mark had eventually calmed Jack down a little more than he expected. Dark explained everything to the investigators, watching them jot down each and every detail he mentioned.

The days after that were not fun. The three couldn't believe that now both Anti AND Craze were completely gone. It was a terrible thought that never left their minds.

The police searched everywhere but couldn't find Felix. They declared him a wanted man. Fliers started showing up at intersections, highway entrances, etc.

One night, it stopped raining, so Dark went back out to the cemetery. He walked up and sat on the bench in front of the same grave. "Hey, Anti. I have a feeling you aren't going to appear, so I don't know why I'm trying. But I need to tell you something." He said to himself.

"Anti, I'm losing everything slowly. I lost you, now I lost Craze, who else am I gonna lose??" He started getting a little mad. "I'm losing my goddamn mind and I need you here to help me please just come back to us, to me!!"

Dark didn't know that Anti was right beside him, listening. He always listened to what Dark had to say. He was always there. Anti wishes he could appear, but something was keeping him back so he couldn't enter the human world.

Anti leaned against Dark, knowing Dark wouldn't feel it. His heart longed to help Dark, but he simply couldn't. He was being held back, but if was alive he'd be right there, ready to help Dark with anything he needed.

More Le Time Skip. I'm maybe ending this book soon so I'm getting everything done that i wanted to get done. This ain't the last chapter tho 💕

Dark's POV

I was sitting on my couch and watching tv. My attention darted to my phone when I heard a buzzing sound that vibrated the table next to me.

I reached my arm out and grabbed hold of the phone, looking at the message I received. It read, 'HeLP.' From Mark. Huh. "The hell?" I said to myself. 'Where are you?' I replied. 'mY HOUSE KITCHEN PLEESE JUST COMEE!' I jumped up and ran out the door.

When I arrived at Mark's house, I burst through the to find no one in the kitchen. "Mark?? Where are you??" I semi-yelled. I heard a scream followed by a loud bang. I ran up to the bathroom (where the scream came from) and opened the door.

I saw Jack's dead body in a tub of blood, with Mark next to him with a gunshot wound in his chest. A man in all black with a mask and a hood stood in front of me. His blue eyes were very bright. He pointed his gun out and shot me in the leg, then making a run for it.

"AGH!!!" I yelped in pain. "D-Damnit..." I muttered, groaning as blood spilled out. "D-Dark... get the phone..." Mark said. I rolled down the stairs and crawled to the nearest phone, which happened to be Jack's.

"911, What's your emergency?" "Please help me!!! My friends and I were shot, I think one's dead!!" I yelled through the phone. The woman asked for the address and I gave it to her.

She told me to stay on the phone. "How many of you are there?" "There's three of us." "And you said one is dead? Where's the other?" "He was shot in the chest, he's conscious but he's dying. I'm bleeding out from a shot in my leg..." "Okay, the paramedics will be there any second now." A few minutes later, some rescuers finally came in the door.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sorry for rushing it :(

- Kayla