Chapter 1

(ANDREA'S POV)
I woke up and slammed my hand down on my alarm. Only three more weeks until Summer Break! Over the summer, I would be living in Nashville for three weeks with my Aunt Adele. I slid into my slippers, and pushed a strand of dark brown hair behind my ear. I'm Andrea Clark, 15 years old. I have bright blue eyes, long wavy hair, and freckles.

I went downstairs, got a bowl, and got myself some cereal. I poured myself some orange juice as well. after I was done eating, I ran upstairs and got dressed into some dark jeans and a white T-shirt that said "CLARK" on the back. I slipped on some flats, and brushed my teeth and hair. I pulled my hair into pigtail braids.I grabbed my backpack, hugged my parents, and started off to school. I always walk.

I met my best friend Madison at her house, and we walked together. She had her shoulder length brown hair up in a neat bun, and she was wearing a fitted gray shirt and jeans.

"I still can't believe you're going to Nashville and you're leaving me here!" She sighed.

"I'm sorry, but you know I have to do this! It's my one way ticket to getting discovered!" I smiled. "And anyways, it's only three weeks!"

"Unless you get discovered." She mumbled. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

We reached the school, and went to our lockers. Mine was decorated with music notes and pictures of me, Madison and my other best friend, Mark. Speaking of, I just got a text from him.

MARK- "Good morning!"

ME- "Morning! You at school today?"

He has a curriculum that can be done at home or school. I felt a tap on my shoulder, turned around, and there was Mark. My eyes locked onto his green ones, and he ran his fingers through his dark brown hair.

"Hey." I greeted him.

"Hi! what's up?" He asked.

I have to tell him about Nashville...

"I have something to tell you, but it'll have to wait. I have science now." I said.

"Have fun!" He called out to me. I smiled and waved. After science, Mark found me again.

"What now?" I asked playfully.

"You gotta tell me your big news." I shook my head.

"Nope, not gonna happen." I smiled deviously and walked to math.

After math, I had band. I got to the band room and got out my guitar. My school is one of the few that include guitars in the band. I sat down next to my friend. We played 'Just the Way You Are' by Bruno Mars, and we sucked. It was bad. After band, I had lunch, went to my other classes, and eventually, it was time to head home. Madison came up to me at my locker. "Andrea, I can't walk home with you today. I have a dentist appointment in 20 minutes, so my mom is picking me up. Oh, here she is!"

"Oh, okay." I waved as she walked out with her mom. Great, now I have to walk alone. I walked out of the school, and started off for home. I felt someone come up beside me.

"No Madison today?" It was Mark.

"No, she had somewhere to be." I replied.

"I'll walk with you."

"Thanks, but-" I tried to protest, to no avail.

"I'm walking with you." He said, his voice firmer than before.

"Okay."

"So what did you want to tell me?" He asked, inching closer to me. I sighed.

"What, is it bad?"