Chapter 22

(ANDREA'S POV)

"You two are totally going to get married!" Madison squeals, making several heads turn.

I was standing at my locker, and I just told Madison about last night.

"Girl, you need to chill!" I said, tying my hair back into a bun. I re-applied lip gloss, and checked my outfit. I was wearing skinny jeans, a denim vest, and my galaxy converse.

"Chill?! You just told me the cutest non-fiction story ever, and you're telling me to chill?"

"I'm only sixteen, and he's almost seventeen. I think you're overreacting. How are things with you and Ben?" I asked, closing my locker.

"They're great!

"Well that's good!" I tell her, and she grins.

"Yup." Popping the 'p'

I reached my math class and sat down; this was one of the classes that I shared with Mark. As Mrs. Ghallabi went on about polynomials, I found myself getting drowsy.

"Miss Clark!" A sharp voice yelled from the front of my desk, followed by the crack of something being smacked against my desk.

Uh oh... Wrong class to fall asleep in...

"Have a nice nap?" She asked, scolding me with her eyes.

"Uh..."

"Well, you'll get to finish it in detention." She snapped, and I rolled my eyes once she turned back around.

I looked at Mark, and he frowned.

The rest of the school day dragged on, slowly making it's way to the highlight of my day... Detention.

As I walked into the detention room, I saw a couple normal looking kids, a guy who looked like he could beat the crap out of anybody who even said 'hi' to him, and a nerd who was probably just here because he likes classrooms.

I sat at the back of the classroom, and got a text from Mark.

MARK- "Don't let them see you on your phone..."

ME- "Is that all, Captain Obvious?"

MARK- "No, Sergeant Sarcasm, it isn't. ;)"

What a dork.

MARK- "Love you!"

Just seeing that text made a shiver creep up my back, it was strange how just two words could do that to me.

Me- "I love you too, Mark. See you tomorrow!"

------------------------------------------------------

It was now Wednesday, and my parents are leaving. I said bye to them, and they walked out the door. I went upstairs, and put my phone down next to me. I got out of my pajamas, and into some jean shorts and a white tank top, pulling a light green cardigan around my back.

I walked back to my vanity, where my phone was, grabbing my hairbrush. I drug it through my hair, and was about to put make-up on, when I heard someone beside me.

"Don't do that, I like you the way you are!"

I jumped, and my mascara brush fell out of my hand, getting my white tank top smeared with it.

"Mark!" I whined, and he had a guilty look on his face, sitting in my bean bag.

How did I not notice him there before?

"Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you, I thought you knew I was here...?" He said, and it sounded more like a question.

"Uh, no. I didn't. Ugh!" I walked over to my closet, pulling off me now smeared tank top, not even caring that Mark was right there.