Chapter 11

(ANDREA'S POV)

"W-what do you mean?" Niki asked nervously.

"I'm going to teach you how to swim!" I replied.

"In the ocean?"

"No, silly! In my pool, later!"

"I don't know..."

"It'll be okay, I promise! I got lifeguard certified at camp!" I assured her.

"Um... Okay..."

I smiled, and ran back to Mark and Madison. We got bored, so I put my shoes back on, and pulled my dress over my sandy hair.

"Let's go to the diner!" I suggested, and everyone liked that idea.

We sat in a booth, and we ordered.

"Thanks, Andrea." Niki said.

"For what?" I asked.

"Everything. For being my friend, for not thinking I'm weird or judging me based on my home life and the way I dress; I don't have a lot of clothes... And everyone just looks at me and decides I'm weird. You're different, though. I feel like I can tell you anything, like you're my sister. I feel like you don't care what my life is like or what I look like, you like me for me. And I really appreciate that. I've never had a friend before, and now I have three of them!" She smiled.

"Aww, that's so sweet, Niki! I do love you for who you are. You're an awesome friend, all those creeps who judge you are missing out." I smiled, and hugged her before returning to my seat.

We ate and went back before it got too dark out. I was riding my penny board on the sidewalk on the way home, when I got a text.

"ITS FROM TREVOR! TREVOR TEXTED ME!" I screeched.

"Um... Okay?" Madison said sarcastically.

"Who's Trevor?" Niki asked.

"One of my close friends, you'll like him a lot." I smiled.

We reached the house, and I turned to Niki. "Are you ready?" I asked.

"For what?"

"Your swim lesson of course!"

"Oh... Sure..."

"Don't worry, she's a great teacher! Andrea taught me how to swim when I was little." Madison lied.

"Oh, okay then!" Niki said, skipping inside. I gave Madison a look that said "Noice!"

"I'm off to watch romance movies and eat ice cream and cry about being single forever. Mark, wanna come?" Madison asked, and I laughed.

"Um... Sure?" He replied, and they went to my room after grabbing ice cream.

"Allons-y!" I said, and took Niki to the pool room.

I took off my dress and shoes, and got in the shallow end. I helped Niki in, and had her hold onto the rail and kick her legs. once she did that, I helped her float on her stomach and kick. I had just gotten her used to having her head under water, when my alarm went off.

"Time's up!" I sang, and stepped out of the pool. Niki followed.

"That wasn't bad at all!" Niki admitted.

"I told you!" I grinned, and grabbed my shoes and dress. I walked into my room, and sat on my bed next to Mark. Madison was sniffling beside him, and he was awkwardly petting her head to comfort her. I laughed to myself, and looked at Niki.

"We need to figure something out for you besides the bed... My back can't handle another night like that so soon." I complained.

"You have a bad back? I'm sorry, I had no clue!" She apologized.