Chapter 20

(ANDREA'S POV)

I woke up early on Monday morning to get my outfit ready, and make sure I looked fab-u-lous. I got out a pair of white skinny jeans, a thin blue T-shirt, and slipped into some tan sandals with blue straps. I let my hair fall down my back, and it went from straight on top to curly at the ends. I painted my nails light pink, and swished on some mascara, and light pink lip gloss. I stuck in some circle earrings that said "Faith, Hope, Believe" on them.I had the perfect purse for this outfit, but I didn't like purses... Too much of a hassle.

Niki came into my room, wearing a pair of worn out skinny jeans, and a navy and white striped T-shirt. She had on a pair of tan wedges that made her look much taller.

"Will you straighten my hair?" She asked, and I nodded, patting the bed beside me.

She sat down, and I got started. About a half hour later, we were ready to go. I grabbed my fully-charged phone, my backpack, and said bye to my mom. I met Mark outside; He was wearing dark denim jeans, and a white and blue plaid shirt.

"Wow, we're all matchy today!" Mark said, and I looked at him and Niki.

"Yeah, I guess we are!" I said with a smile.

Maddie caught up with us, and glared at Mark. I tried not to laugh, and we walked to the school together.

"Awe, that's so sweet!" Niki squealed, looking at her phone. I peered over her shoulder to see what the hullabaloo was about.

She was reading a text from Trevor. It said:

TREV- "Hey gorgeous! I hope you have a good day at school, text whenever you want, I'll be at home procrastinating my work! XoXo- Trev"

"Awe, that's so sweet!" I exclaimed, and she looked at me.

"I just said that."

"I know..."

We got to the school, and it was crazy full of teens who just got their licenses. I wish I had mine... The cliques were everywhere, and my little group just walked right inside.

"Ben, hey!" Maddie called out, and I had to lift myself onto my tip toes to see him.

"Hey, Mad!" He exclaimed, walking over to us. I guess that's one more person in our group!

They were talking, and people were checking us out.

Is that good, or bad? Are Californians nice? Maybe they recognize me... Crap! Do they? No, I don't think so. Phew. Get yourself together, Andrea! Act like you own this place!

Suddenly, I stood straighter, and I walked like I did own the school. I got to my assigned locker, which was somehow right next to Maddy's, Mark's and Niki's! I put the books I didn't need yet in it, and closed the door. Right as I turned around, I smelled a huge cloud of expensive perfume that was way over-used... It was followed by a girl with long, curly blonde hair and hazel eyes that stared into your soul. As she walked past, she smacked my books out of my hand, and shot me a look.

"Whoops- sorry, new girl!" She said in a mocking tone, and I picked my books up.

"I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce." I snapped, sending her a sweet smile before walking away to first-period.

Mark followed me, he was the only one who had the same classes.

"Woah, that was awesome!" He exclaimed, surprised by my outburst.

"Thanks, well, after Carly, I wasn't going to take any more crap. I'm not going to be the bullied one, just because I'm new. So if she has a problem with me, she can stick it up her rear." I said, making him laugh.