Chapter 5

(ANDREA'S POV)

It was finally Sunday, the day we went and got Madison! I jumped out of bed, and ran to my bathroom, grabbing my hairbrush. I drug it through my hair, and brushed my teeth. Skipping back into my room, I put on a pair of white jean shorts, and a green tank top. I grabbed my phone, and I checked the time. It was 11:12; We had to be at the airport at noon. I ran into the kitchen, and grabbed a granola bar.

"Good morning!" Sang Mark.

"Good morning!"

"You look nice today!"

"Thanks!"

Mark, Aunt Adele and I talked for a while before heading out. We got in the car, I stuck my headphones in, and put on Pandora. All of Me by John Legend came on! I immediately hit the "thumbs up" button, and I sang along with it. We eventually reached the airport, and I was so excited to finally see Madison again! It felt like ages since we'd last been together! I got out of the car, and ran to a spot that would be easy for her to see, as the airport was especially busy today. I had made a neon poster that said:

"Madison! My bae! C'mere, gurl! Dis your boo, Andrea!" And it had stickers all over it. A few minutes later, I saw Madison get off the plane, and get her luggage. I held up the sign, and moved it side to side.

"She sees it!" I said to Mark, who wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Andrea!" She shrieked and ran over to us, giving me a big hug.

She noticed Mark's arm around me, and raised an eyebrow.

"So you're the famous Madison!" My aunt greeted her, pulling her into a hug. "Shall we head back to the house?"

"Yes! Madison, you'll be sharing my room." I said, grinning from ear-to-ear.

Madison gave me a thumbs up. We piled into the car, and drove for an hour back home. Her jaw dropped when she saw the house.

"It's huge!"

I smiled and nodded. "Let's go!"

I grabbed her hand, and led her to my room. "Here it is!"

"Can I go explore?" She asked.

"Go for it!"

"Yay!"

She ran out of the room, and down the hall. I walked to the living room, where Mark was sitting on the couch with a pouty face. I sat on his lap, facing him.

"Awe, Mr. Grumpy Pants, don't think I've forgotten about you!" I said, and gave him a kiss. Madison bursted through the door.

"There's an indoor pool and a... What the heck?!"

Mark and I broke the kiss, and I smiled at Madison. "Hey!" I said.

Her mouth was still open. She grabbed my hand, and took me to my room, sitting on my bed with me.

"When did that happen?" She asked.

"What? Oh, Mark and I?" I asked, and she nodded.

My phone beeped, alerting me that I had gotten a text. It was from Mark. It read:

MARK- "Talking about me?"

ME- "You know it!(;"

"It happened like the week we got here. I didn't even know he liked me! Apparently, he has for a long time. years, he said." I told her.

"yeah, it has been years. I've been waiting for him to man up and make a move before someone else did. I told him that you're fifteen, and so you've mentally allowed yourself to be open to people."