Chapter 3

(ANDREA'S POV)
I woke up on the couch next to Mark. I got up, went into the kitchen, grabbed a jar of pickles, and helped myself to it. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mark come up behind me. He reached around me and grabbed a pickle.

"Hey, pickle face!" He said, and sat down next to me.

"So..." He started. "I know this is your day off from being a superstar and all, so I was thinking you might want to go to the beach?"

I nodded. "Yeah, that sounds good to me!"

We raced to our bedrooms. I slid on a tankini that was navy blue with white stripes, put a dress on over it with some go go glasses, and I was ready to go. I opened the door to see Mark waiting for me. I called Aunt Adele and told her we were going to the beach.

"Ready?" I grinned.

"You're awfully excited!" Mark pointed out.

"Well yeah, I haven't been to a beach in four years!" I exclaimed, jumping from foot-to-foot.

"Wow, I never knew that."

"You never asked!" I said, smiling."Let's go!" I yelled, skipping out the door. I got on Google Maps, and saw that the beach wasn't too far away.

"We need to go this way!" I pointed to the right.

"We're walking?" Mark asked.

"Duh! I like to walk. It helps me clear my head." He nodded. After a few minutes of walking, Mark stopped me.

"Um, speaking of clearing our minds, I just can't get this out of my head." I urged him on. "I... I like you, Andrea. I really like you. I have for years. We both had an oath not to date anyone until we're fifteen, and, well, we are.

"Are you saying you want to date me?" I asked.

"Yes! I mean... If you want to, I mean, if you even-" I cut him off by kissing him.

"Of course I like you." I smiled. "Shall we, boyfriend?"

He laughed. "We shall, girlfriend!" Soon, we were at the beach. I ran for the water, throwing my dress off as I ran.

(MARK'S POV)
That was a lot easier and harder than I had imagined. All that matters is now I have Andrea. I watched her run for the water, throwing her dress off. I chuckled and picked it up, placing it by our shoes in the sand. I watched her long brown hair bouncing as she ran.

"C'mon, slow poke!" She called out. I ran to join her, and made sure to splash a lot on the way in, but not too much. I knew when enough was enough.

"Mark?" She asked in the tune of 'Do You Want To Build a Snowman?' " Do you want to build a sandcastle?"

"C'mon, let's go and play!" I sang the next line, and her jaw dropped. "What?" I asked, clearly confused.

"I didn't know you could sing!"

"You never asked." I winked at her. "Let's go build that sandcastle now!"

"Okay!" She said, jumping on my back. "Onward!" she ordered, pointing her finger. I carried her to shore, and put her down. "Okay, I brought buckets." She said.

"When did you do that?" I asked.

"Before we left, silly!"

I laughed. "Okay, you give me that one, and take the other bucket and get water."

"Yes, sir!" She saluted me, and ran for the water again. I started to collect shells for the castle. I finished, and carried to bucket to where Andrea was sitting.