Chapter 54 - The Wedding Part 3

Catalina.

Crysa looked adorable scattering the cream coloured Primrose petals as she walked down the carpeted aisle. She placed extra emphasis into where she threw them, making quite sure that they fell in equal amounts and were not clumped together, the look of concentration was evident on her little face.

I felt something move against my hair. Sure enough, Diana was there fixing my veil, carefully avoiding messing up my hair. Diana then gave me a playful nudge before Sariena signalled to her to start walking behind Crysa. The peach tinted fabric of her dress accentuated her slim silhouette as she took careful steps in her nude Louboutins.

"Are you nervous?" Javier looked at me increduously, holding up my trembling hand.

"A little bit," I chuckled nervously, fiddling with my engagement ring.

"Well, you're probably calmer than Cristiano for sure," He peeked through the vents, presumably at the soon to be crowded altar.

"Really?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yes he looked about ready to faint with how nervous he was back at the house. He just wants everything to be perfect for you." He carefully slipped the veil over my face.

Immediately, my heart became swollen with another wave of affection for that man and any misgivings were completely washed away.

I did not even notice when the bridal march started up or even when Sariena gave us the greenlight to start walking but all I knew was that I had latched on tightly to Javier's hand as I gravitated towards the spot where my love was waiting for me.

..............................................

Cristiano.

"Wow," I barely registered when the words left my lips.

"Come on Cris breathe," Miguel whispered hurriedly but even that didn't register with me.

He too seemed entranced, like the rest of the congregation who craned their necks to get a better view.

Only the words beauty personified summed up the vision moving towards me.

She looked enthralling, she looked stunning, she looked ethereal

Catalina looked beautiful.

It was certainly hard enough to keep my jaw up and not let it fall to the ground. The only thing I could possibly describe this feeling to be comes from the Harry Potter books where the men would become mesmerized in the presence of a Veela.

But this ran far deeper than outward appearances.

Instantly, I gravitated towards her as she neared the altar. Javier was his usual calm and collected self but he had a determined glint in his eye that I knew all too well. She smiled up at her big brother when he finally gave her hand to me.

"Take good care, she means the world to us," He leaned in.

With a dutiful nod, he retreated to his mother's side and left me to be the only one her hazel eyes could gaze upon.

"Hi," she shyly directed her breathtaking smile towards me.

"Hi," I found myself able to smile back,"You look beautiful."

"And you look so handsome," she blushed.

She composed herself, handed Diana her Chrysanthemum bouquet and took my other hand before we turned together to face a beaming Father Hosea.

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today in the church of the Sacred Heart, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, to join this woman and this man in the sacrement of Holy Matrimony." He began with a flourish of his hands,"Today these two consenting adults have come foward to seal their committment and love for one another before us all."