New Beginnings

The day had finally came; Abel was coming home. 

AJ fumbled around the kitchen in Gemma's searching for a rolling pin. "Gemma!" she yelled before rushing over to the oven and pulling the cake out of the oven. She screamed, dropping the cake on the floor. Halfsack and Gemma ran to the kitchen, guns raised. 

"What happened?" Gemma asked, watching her as she held a wet towel around her hand. 

"Forgot the oven mits" she winced, walking in to the living room and dropping down on the couch. 

Gemma and Halfsack followed her, Gemma taking a seat beside her.

"Let me see" Gemma ordered.

"Alright, but it aint pretty" AJ muttered, unwrapping her hand causing Gemma to wince. 

"Christ baby, we better get you up to the hospital and get that checked"

"No" AJ said shaking her head "I'll be fine, we need to get everything ready for Able" she reasoned.

"No excuses, you're going the hospital" she ordered. "I'll ring Clay, get him to send one of the guys to take you and me and sack will finish the food" she walked out in to the kitchen dialling clays number in her phone. 

"AJ's burnt her hand" she sighed "forgot the damn oven mits and grabbed the tray right out of the oven. 

"Jesus Christ, is she alright?" he asked.

"I dont know, her hands covered in blisters she needs to get up St.Thomas and have it checked out but we have so much to do over here..."

"Alright I'll send somebody to take her" he sighed deeply.

"Send Juice" Gemma ordered.

"Yes maam" Clay chuckled before hanging up.

Clay sat at the head of the table , mid-way through a club meeting.

"What's going on?" Tig asked. 

"It's AJ, she forgot to use oven mits and she's burnt her hand up bad, Gemma wants me to send someone to take her to St.Thomas" he said.

"I'll go" Tig replied quickly.

"No, sorry brother I need you here, I need you too" he said pointing at Chibs who had just opened his mouth to talk. Chibs groaned, rubbing his jaw.

"Juice can go" Clay stated "No arguments" he said before banging the gavel to end the meeting.

At Gemma's house, AJ lay on the sofa smoking a joint. "Why does this hurt so fucking much?" she whined. 

"You seared through your skin with a metal cake tray" Halfsack said smirking.

"You think this is funny?" she yelled causing him to flinch. 

The rumbling sound of a Harley approaching brought relief to everyone. To AJ; at the thought of strong pain meds and to everyone else; the thought of peace and quiet. They all loved her but she was a bitch when she was sick or in pain.

They heard a knock on the door and AJ rushed over to open it, Gemma following closely behind. Juice stood sheepishly at the door, his hands in his pockets. "Ready to go?" he asked looking at AJ to see her nod.

"Take my car" Gemma said throwing the keys to Juice. "Meet us at Jax's after you're done up there"

The drive to the hospital was spent in deafening silence. It had been a couple months and they still weren't talking.  Juice rushed her inside and up to the reception desk. "She's burnt her hand, it's all blistered" Juice explained.