Chapter 16

Annabeth's POV
As much as I do NOT want to admit it. I stalked Piper.

It's a low point in my life, I'm just trying to get my true love back, can you blame me.

This plan I had took a little longer than I expected.

One night, I couldn't fall asleep. So I grabbed one of the camp shirts Piper left and put it on.

It smelled just like her, sweet and fruity, but I couldn't quite figure out what it was.

Anyway, from stalk- spy- watch- follow- looking at Piper. I found out that she retained a simple routine everyday.

Go to school and then go to her house to hang with Hazel.

So first things first, Hazel needed to get out of this equation.

I found out that Piper had one class alone. 6th period.

So I stood outside her 5th period classroom.

I looked through the window and saw Piper sitting next to Hazel, they were holding hands and whispering in each other's ears.

Disgusting. Revolting. Vile. A million words could explain what this looked like to me.

When the bell rang I casually stood by the lockers.

Piper walked out of the classroom with Hazel. They held hands and kissed. They KISSED. I mean, I'd seen them do it before, but still it shocked me.

"Bye." Hazel said and walked off to my right.

"Goodbye." Piper said dreamily as she watched Hazel walk away.

Once she turned in the direction of my left, I started to move. I linked my arm with Piper's and squeezed so she wouldn't be able to run.

"Keep walking." I muttered. My hoodie was over my head, so I might've looked suspicious to most people but whatever.

"Ann-Annabeth?" Piper asked, shock in her voice. Then it changed to anger. "What the hell do you want?"

"Lower your voice, we're in public."

"Fine." She growled. "But seriously what are you doing here?"

"I want to talk to you."

"Well, I don't." Anger laced in her voice. We were at the end of the hallway and there was an exit.

Somehow her arm escaped my iron hold and she ran, sprinting out the door and into the pouring rain.

I had no choice but to follow.

Piper's POV
I just wanted to get away from Annabeth. She was acting crazy.

Knowing Annabeth she was probably spending the last couple months planning. Planning my murder.

When she found me at the school, I considered my options.

Where could I go? Obviously not school. Definitely not Annabeth's apartment. And knowing she's the daughter of the Goddess of War Strategy. She probably knew where I lived.

So I ran, turning down streets, cutting between alleys. No matter what sudden turns I took, she was still a couple paces behind me.

I had to look back to see if she was there because her footsteps were light. Unlike mine, you could hear my sneakers pounding the pavement from a mile away.

I turned into an alleyway and looked behind me, but Annabeth wasn't there.

I figured I could have a little break.
So I stopped a bent over putting my hands on my knees trying to slow my breathing.