Chapter 31

Piper's POV
Luke/Kronos, I don't even care, dug his scythe into my side. "AAAHH." I screamed out."

"You really want to know what the second reason is?" He angrily yelled. "I honestly didn't even care about Will or Calypso, it was you I wanted the whole time!"

"Just...g-go on with i-it." I choked, struggling to breath.

"You STOLE Annabeth away from me." He cut the back of my neck.

"AAHAH!" I screamed, then I struggled a laugh. "You're j-jealous of me?" I asked.

"Yes, now quit your laughing."

But I continued to wheeze laugh. I was internally bleeding and I couldn't believe Luke was jealous of me. "Wait, this had got to be L-Luke talking, so why get Kronos?"

"I have the power of Kronos if you must know. Kronos is dead, I kept his powers. And weapon." He stabbed the scythe into my stomach.

"AAH." I doubled over as much as I could being tied up to a chair. The pain was too much to bare.

"I loved Annabeth, but she loved you more. I was in Denver, with your demigod friends, trying to get them to join my side. To fight against the gods. But I had to get good with them, you know, be their friend. But you two showed up and ruined everything. I had a spell on the city, making whatever demigod came into the vicinity forget their demigod life, and be a mortal for once. I took that as an opportunity to try and win Annabeth's love back. To not just be 'loved like a brother' to be more than that. But she loved YOU. YOU PIPER MCLEAN RUINED MY SECOND CHANCE AT LIFE."

He made some more cuts on my arms and legs making me scream. "YOU NEVER GOT A SECOND CHANCE! YOU ESCAPED THE PITS OF TARTARUS LIKE ALL THOSE OTHER SICK BASTARDS!" I spat.

"That doesn't matter, second chance or not, I didn't deserve the pain you brought upon me." This time he made the cuts deeper and longer.

"I didn't deserve that humiliation I was caused when Annabeth told me she liked girls. When she told me she was with you, I immediately sought revenge. And now...here we are. Poor defenseless Piper McLean."

A door on the other side of the warehouse was kicked down and Thalia stood there, bow gripped in her hand with an arrow nocked. "NO!" Luke screamed. Thalia released the arrow and Kronos drove the scythe through my heart.

The arrow slammed into his chest and he fell to the ground.

My vision turned fuzzy and I heard a whining buzz. "PIPER!" Thalia's scream fuzzy. She ran over to me and I could feel her cutting my restraints. The scythe was still buried in my chest and Thalia went to pull it out.

"No!" Will said. "If you pull it out it will kill her faster. Leave it in, help me lift her up."

I felt two pairs of hands grab me and gently lift me onto a makeshift gurney. I was rolled out of the building and the sunlight blinded me after being in the dark for so long.

I heard some faint mumbling and tried to focus on it. "-Kronos? Is he dead?"

"I'm not sure, we should leave. Now. We need to get Piper back to camp."

I was lifted into a van and Thalia hopped in with me, the van doors slammed behind her. Will climbed into the driver seat and Calypso sat in the passenger.

Thalia leaned over and gently grabbed my hand. She leaned towards my ear and whispered. "I'm so sorry Piper. If I had gotten there just a few minutes earlier I-I could've..." she looked away and I could tell she was crying.

"I-it's.." I tried to get out a message but my voice was hoarse and it only brought me pain. I need to try again. "Thalia." I said in a weak shaky voice. She turned to look at me. "Piper?"