Chapter 23

Annabeth's POV
Christmas Eve was a bit of a blur.

We woke up early and decided to go play in the snow.

"Hurry up Annabeth!" Piper yelled as she grabbed my hand and pulled me off to play.

"I'm going as fast as I can Pipes!" I laughed.

The next thing happened so fast I could barely register it.

Piper tripped on a piece of ice jutting up from the ground, she fell into the snow with a yelp and a hard thunk. Unfortunately she held fast to my hand and I was dragged down with her.

I landed on top of her, my face so close to hers, I could feel the cold of the snow oozing off of her cheeks and nose.

She laughed and leaned up to kiss me, I kissed her back and for a second we sat there.

Piper stopped kissing me and laughed while saying, "What are you waiting for? Get off of me and help me up."

I quickly got off of her and offered my hand for her.

Just then Percy and Jason ran over. "You guys okay?" Jason said.

"Yeah, that was a nasty fall." Percy said,  "But a sick wipeout, you should've seen your face Piper!" Percy laughed a belly aching laugh.

"Hey!" Piper protested. "I can't see my face because it's my face."

"Yeah we're fine." I interjected.

"Good." Percy said. "Because we're having a SNOWBALL FIGHT!"

"FIVE MINUTES TO BUILD YOUR FORT AND MAKE AMMUNITION! GOOOO!" Jason yelled.

He and Percy ran to the right and I grabbed Piper's hand, running to the left.

Quickly we built a wall out of large pieces of ice and snow, tall enough that when we sat down and crouched it covered over our heads.

Then I helped Piper make snowballs, where we stacked them in a pile in between us.

After making enough snowballs to whoop their asses, I called, "READY TO LOSE WIMPS?"

"BRING IT ON!" Percy hollered. And then came a volley of snowballs.

I locked eyes with Piper and she nodded, together we grabbed two snowballs each and threw them with surprising accuracy.

Two nailed Jason in the chest, sending him backward into a big pile of snow. Another one hit Percy in the face while the last one got him in the groin.

"TAKE THAT!" Piper yelled.

The fight went on for a while. People came and watched.

In the end Piper and I had barely a snowflake on us, Jason and Percy on the other hand....

We got back to the apartment and tried to thaw off after being in the snow for hours.

All of our noses, cheeks, fingertips, and toes were red and freezing cold.

We all wrapped ourselves in blankets and grabbed some hot cocoa.

"Son of Poseidon." Piper said while shaking her head and chuckling. "Defeated by frozen water."

Everyone stared at Percy and his bruised face, where most of Piper and I's snowballs had nailed him.