Chapter 17

Piper's POV
I woke up with the first drops of daylight. I take a deep breath as I take in my surroundings.

The room is nice, neat, and organized. Warm sunlight spills through the windows that are half covered by curtains. Birds tweet softly outside, singing songs of beauty and love.

I'm in a big, comfy, warm bed. Big because it's two beds pushed together. If I look to my right I see her. Annabeth. Nothing could ruin this moment.

But something does. The alarm Annabeth set on her phone rings, signaling the start of a new school day.

I take a mental picture in my mind to try and remember this amazing morning, as Annabeth wakes from a deep sleep.

And thus starts any normal day. A day I  don't want to start.

After getting ready, I shoulder my backpack and wait by the door.

Annabeth walks in. She wears converse, jeans, and a white tee. Her hair lays around her shoulders and she too wears her backpack.

"You look beautiful." She says. I look down at myself trying to see what she means.

I wear converse, jeans, and a sweatshirt. I was too lazy to do anything to my hair, so there were no braids or feathers. Just plain, brown, choppy hair.

Nonetheless I blush. "Th-thanks." I stutter out. "You look beautiful too."

It's hard to make Annabeth blush, but she does and she smiles. "Thank you."

She stares deeply into my eyes, I stare back at her grey ones and see her thinking.

What about? I don't know, but she does this for a few minutes. Finally she stops and walks up to me, arms open and embraces me in a tight hug.

"I love you, so, so much." I say.

"I love you even more." She replies. "You are going to break up with Hazel, right?"

"Yeah, and you'll let that Luke guy know you aren't interested?"

"Of course."

"Okay, bye."

We let go of each other and I walk out the door, the same time as Hazel.

She looks surprised, and together we sit in silence as Annabeth walks out the door, and off to school.

I look at Hazel. "We need to talk."