Chapter 30

Piper's POV
The old camp bus rattled down the dirt roads and into New York City. I sat in my seat staring out the window at the towering buildings above me.

As I was admiring the beauty Calypso said, "How are you not freaking out right now?"

I chuckled and look over at her, "Well, this isn't my first quest you know."

"Well, I'm freaking out."

"Yeah you guys haven't been on a quest yet huh?"

"No." Will said. "I did help in the battle with Gaia, but no quests."

"Yeah, me neither. Gods I wish I was on my island right now, gardening."

"If you have any questions, feel free to ask me." I said.

"Okay, well for starters, I thought Luke was dead, how is he back?" Will asked.

"Yes, and who is Luke?" Calypso asked.

"Well Calypso, Luke was a camper here, a child of Hermes. But he turned rouge and worked with Kronos. In the end he sacrificed him self, killing Kronos along with him. And Will, my guess is he was sent to Tartarus and escaped using the doors of death."

"I thought he wanted to try for Elysium."

"I guess Hades didn't want him to."

"Huh." Will said. "So...what exactly are we doing?"

"Hunting down Luke and killing him. He might be trying to somehow rise Kronos again, or even rise some other evil monster from Tartarus...maybe even Tartarus the god of the pit himself."

"I'm scared." Calypso said.

"Don't be, look. I'm going to look after you guys, you will stay alive. Will, you are the best healer at camp and possibly the best child of Apollo I've ever met *cough cough Octavian sucks cough cough* so you need to stay alive. And I'm going to get the two of you back to Nico and Leo."

"Thanks Piper." They both said in unison.

------

In no time we arrived back in Denver. We stepped off of the camp bus and looked around.

"You guys hear that?" I asked.

"Hear what?" Calypso asked.

"Exactly." The streets were quiet, the birds didn't chirp, and everyone lay fast asleep on the sidewalks, roads, or in their cars.

Will ran and checked the nearest woman's pulse. "Well, she's alive. She must be sleeping." Will said.

"Kronos. He's definitely here." I replied. "Let's get going then."

"Where?" Will asked.

"Let's start at my apartment." I started walking and Calypso and Will followed. I led them back to my apartment and stood before the door. "This is it." I gripped the doorknob before slowly turning it and pushing the door open.

We stepped inside and all was quiet. All of Annabeth's and I's belongings were gone. Probably back at camp now.

After searching the last room, and I walked back to the living room. "Well, there's nothing here." Then a loud crash came from next door.

"That's coming from Nico's place!" Will said. He quickly ran out the door before I could say, "Wait, Will, no! It's a trap!"

But he was long gone. "Come on Calypso." I gripped my knife and slowly walked over to the other apartment. The door was open a crack, so I slowly pushed it open the rest of the way.