1

Ponyboy Michael Curtis was your life long friend, a friend since the beginning of school. You've grown up around the Greaser neighbourhood, yet you were a middle-class girl who lived in a well kept house with your kind parents near the city. Ready to head to school, there comes a knock at your door.
"Y/n!!" Pony yelled, proceeding to open the door and make your house his own. Your parents love Ponyboy, but they always keep the small concern of his background and his gang. But you're friends with all of the boys no matter what your serious mother tells you, she trusts you enough. You ran down the stairs to greet your best friend with a kind hug, he looked at you with bright eyes that shone specifically every time he saw you. You loved this boy, he was the best and only friend you ever needed.
"What's up Ponyboy Michael?"
"Oh the usual, the sky."
"Oh, duh!" You both walk out the door to fresh and misty air, Pony stopped for a little bit. His mouth began to twitch into a frown as he looked at the fog surrounding you from your front door, as though he didn't notice it a bit while walking over to yours. Your fingers intertwine with his gently and he grips on tight, he held back a hard lump in his throat and clenched his eyes together.

He was thinking of his rough past, last Summer, the horrible Summer that took away your beautiful Johnny and Dally. The real hood of the group and the shy one who brought everyone together. Johnny meant so much to you when he was around and still, you were just as tight him like Pony. You, Ponyboy and Johnny were your own little gang, in the gang. You took it just as hard, sobbing almost everyday. Separating yourself from the gang, your parents, and Pony, even when you knew he was just as bad off. It was something you really had to separate yourself from everyone for. But the incident had brought you closer to Pony than ever before, you were each other's shoulders. You held each other up with all the strength you had. After a month of the happening, he found his way to your house and wouldn't leave your side. Not for a moment. Weeks, just you and Pony against the world. And that was when you thought you had fallen. So it was times like these you thought you loved him as something beyond a brother, as a lover. You can't be in love, you're only fourteen.
"Pony, it's alright. You're alright. I'm here." He stroked your hand and took a deep breath.
"Y/n, please, can we skip school?" He turned to face you, his grey-green eyes looked deep into yours. It felt like forever; the time had stopped around you, and you just wanted to press your lips against his and assure yourself that he was yours. The worst part was though, you wanted him to kiss back, wanted to press his gentle pink lips against yours. You let go of his hand and you hug him like you never had before, so tight as he let out a sob and buried his greased up head into your shoulder.
"Where do you want to go, I'll spent the night with you. Just let me go inside and write a note."
"Can we hang at the park? No, not the park. Let's just go somewhere, anywhere." You nodded and opened the door behind you.
Hey Mum, Dad,
Ponyboy's had a moment of grief and I need to stay with him for the night.
Sorry and thanks, love you.
"Where to next Pony?" he was standing behind you as you placed the small note on the dining table.
"Uhhhhh, let's just walk around town. Thank you so much y/n." he said, slowly wiping away his tears from his cheeks.

First chapter and I hope it went well! I am on a plane from Sunshine Coast to Melbourne to begin driving home and I have been listening to so many Outsiders edit songs I got off instagram and it just motivated me to write this more! I hope I did alright for first try lol.

Omg I'm 17... I wrote this 4 years ago 💩 so many punctual errors tehe. On the train and I forgot my headphones, & surfacing watt pad seemed to be the only hope of entertainment. Hope y'all still enjoying this tho xxxxxxx

-Lily 🌅🌅