12

*where and what i'm doing rn, another hour away from brisbane
When you arrived at Windrixville, you only felt anxious and tired; anything but hopeful in finding Ponyboy. Everybody knew you were gone, you didn't care about what they thought or if they were worried(happy 11:11 lol). There was only one thing on your mind; Pony. You jumped out of the train, onto dry hot grass that was growing longer by the second along the tracks. The worn down wood warm, gooey tar patches were getting stuck beneath your sneakers as you walked in between the plates and onto the sharp rocks. You had no idea where you were travelling next, with dawn breaking it's early light. You started your trek down the tracks and to Jay Mountain, quietly hearing the grinding of the stones below. The sun wasn't up yet, and the sky was cool with winds that made you chill. In your bag, a jacket, but you refrained from grabbing it because you would only get hot in it. It was quiet and eerie, a lonely feeling hurt your chest as the cold wind pushed through the silence.
"And over looking the church from the back, it just dropped. About twenty feet. You could see for miles and miles, it felt like I was on top of the world. It was such a pretty view, pity that it can't be enjoyed anymore."

You reached the mountain and started trudging up, singing quietly to try and entertain yourself. It was early morning, so you decided you'd reply to Ponyboy; "Hey Ponyboy, I'm walkin' up Jay Mountain as I speak. Ha.." You paused for a little bit, staring at the wrigley horizon at the top of the mountain. The sun was rising directly across from you, narrowing the top of the hill. Large and orange, ready to heat up the day. "I'll be able to see the church, or at least the ruins of it." You sighed, gosh you missed him. "You know Ponyboy, every growing second is pain for me. I miss you more and more by the moment, and my heart hurts every inch I get closer to you. As though I can feel it. I promise I'll find ya, I already did so there's no escaping right? I love you." The peak of the mountain was right near and you could see a giant pile of black and soot from afar. Tears filling your eyes, you ran towards the remains of the church. Screaming in pain, you felt limp in weakness of emotion. The sun was shining light to the darkness, a brightness on the black. Standing it out to the dry straw around it. It hurt to look at, yet you couldn't draw your eyes away from it. "Johnny!! Oh Johnny!" wimping and screaming as you put your hands on the burnt wood and crumbled to your knees. "Why did this ever happen to you." You whispered between sobs.
You were dry, and you stood up. A full lap of the ruin led you to finding a note tucked into the rubble. A small piece of coal on top as a weight. It was a note in cursive, crumbled and black smudged everywhere.
I told you, a lovely view right? This rubble made me cry for too long, I couldn't stand it y/n. Can you?

P.M.C
You quickly got out your notebook and pen, tears flowing onto the little piece of paper as you wrote back:
Ponyboy, looking at this horrendous sight is torture to me.
Shoving everything back into your bag, you finally took a good look of what you could see. Standing beside the pump, you knew that was where Pony and Johnny smoked and sat outside. Staring into the green and blue abyss infront of them; infinite. land just waiting to be explored.(happy 12:11, today i go to brisbane(qld for the second time in 10 weeks, yayay) and i am super excited hehe) *You went forward and hobbled down the hill without caution. The world was made to explore, why not explore it now?
You wore in a path, pushing, flattening and snapping straw beneath your feet. The cool wind brushing the weeds against your legs, making them itch something real irritating. The quietness was real, aweful bad; it was something you were never used to, maybe when you went to bed though. But there was always a ruckus in your ear: cars driving past, late night drinkers roaming 'round aimlessly, squirrels rattling the leaves with their tiny paws. But this time, you couldn't even hear your own feet against the dry ground. You were aching for company, just one person to talk to. Even somebody imaginary, but your mind was blank. Filled with black, nothing was coming through the think wood and dense earth. Trying to figure where Ponyboy would be was the only thing that was running laps around your mind. The day was long and exhausting.