14

Tears drowned your vision, eyebrows furrowed in pain, tears flowing river-like down your cheeks and into your mouth tasting like salt. For you put your hand down to Pony's and it fell through to your stomach. Trying to hold your collapsing body, your knees were digging into the soft dry earth. I'm going mad, I'm going mad, I'm going mad. I'll never find Ponyboy. The chances are like trying to find a dang fairy! I miss him, I miss him, I miss him.

You were tired, thin, hungry and in pain. Ponyboy isn't around no more, where the hell is he?

You started running, to the stream and along it screaming for Pony and never stopping. You couldn't run outta breath, adrenaline had kicked in and was doing it's job pretty well. Making a muck of yourself, you yelled KOOWEEE, hearing back but you weren't sure of what was real anymore. You were hallucinating, the ground was rushing and waving and black spots were flashing in front of your eyes from every angle. You felt awful sick, yet you kept on running like a dog after it's tail. You ran over a root and tripped, lying on the ground crying unstoppably. Deep breaths came into you as you thought over and over: I'm gonna find him, I'm gonna find him, I'm gonna find him, I'm gonna find him... On and on in your head as an imaginary rush of pain slapped across your back and you yelped. Falling into cool blackness, you were out cold.

"Y/n, I can hear you. I can hear you in my ears and I can feel you in my heart. I found a valley, it's cold and icy and runs fast. Oh y/n I'm sorry, so so sorry. I didn't mean to." You whispered in weakness, belching and curling against the dirt. "Find my smoke, I was there." And you were out, you couldn't feel a part of your weakened body. Your eyes were screwed shut, pushing everything away.

When you woke up, a note was in your hand. A note and a photo, of the gang. Smiles were worn on every face in front of the Curtis home; young Johnny and tough-as-nails Dallas both smirked beside each other. Sodapop and Steve had their arms across each others shoulders. Darry was standing tall and firm, giving a serious but caring grin. Two-Bit, showin' every single one of his teeth and his eyes clenched closed showing happy lines on his nose and beside his eyes. Ponyboy was front and centre, smiling as he does. It was gentle and genuine and he seemed so young. His brown hair was slick and combed back to perfection like it always is. It's a little golden now, it never went back to its old colour after Johnny bleached it. And you, leaning on Ponyboys shoulder, shining a child-like smile. You and Pony were thirteen then, Pony was set to go on fourteen within the next month. Johnny killed the dirty soc you knew as Bob six weeks later. Everything was so fine and happy then. No worries were taken too far and it was you Pony and Johnny against the whole world. Such a tight friendship, such a tight gang. Bonded by black and scarred history, companionship that should last forever. You held it tight to your chest and reminisced of the easy times. Then you turned the photo to the back and leaned the note against it, it was crumpled and the ink was a little smudged, but it belonged to Ponyboy Michael Curtis.

Dear beautiful y/n,

I found you and I'm here to stay.

P.M.C

A heart was next to his initials and you screamed in happiness. Your chest was pounding as you hauled yourself to your feet and started running back downstream. Your white converse were practically falling off your feet and tinged in brown, they had lost all their grip and comfort but you were running faster than the speed of light.

"PONYBOY MICHAEL CURTIS!"

"Y/N?!" His voice was getting louder as you were getting closer, your heart ached more and more with every stride you took toward him. His voice running through your head as he comes into view. An olive shirt stained with browns and blacks and reds, jeans torn at the knees and faded. His converse worn down to a thread, and his hair flat against his head without his grease. He smiled pleadingly, as you teared up and put your arms around his body. You knew it was real, because your heart was feeling the same as it did when you were dancing with him over the city view upon the hill. You cried in happiness and sadness and shock and tiredness all at the same time as you buried your head into his chest. He kissed your head a thousand times over and over.

"I thought you might have been gone for good, I haven't stopped travelling and your voice had guided me."

"I'm so sorry, y/n. I really had no idea what I was doing when I ran off like that and I had no right to scare you the way I did. Don't ever forgive me."

"Oh Ponyboy I had since the second I knew you were gone. I'm here with you now and that's really all that matters to me."

You sobbed in each others arms until you pulled out of his chest and kissed him with all your might. Your eyes clenched as the feeling had disappeared from your memory of how it felt. So passionate and sad but happy, a million emotions were rushing through your head and your heart.

"We oughta go home, y/n. Let's go home." You nod, still sobbing. You couldn't breath right because you were crying so bad, all because Pony was back. Picking up your backpack, you took his hand and started to walk back into the forrest you came out of. Fingers interlaced, sad smiles on faces. You knew you couldn't bare any longer with out him, from the moment you met him you knew it would be like this.

And while you were walking through the thick and tall trees, Ponyboy said, breaking the silence: "Johnny and Dallas are dead, and I can't let myself be like this anymore. Like Darry said to me before Soda broke down, a couple weeks after they died: 'You don't just stop living cause you loose someone.' and he thought I had known that then, well," He sighed and raised his voice. "Darry! I know now!" He smiled and kissed your head. He knew what was gone, he missed the heck outta them every day. But he finally accepted it, and it was time you did too. For you had each other, and nothing about that would alter.

"Shoot, Pony." You say, seconding a smile.

I would like to present you, the end! Or should I keep going right till the fair reasonable not weird ending? Thank you so much for reading this and I'm so happy that 1.5K of you guys have read this!

-Lily, over and out. I am watching The Outsiders tonight and I wont cry(I didn't!). Stay gold beautiful people 🌅🌅