6

You woke up with the couch to yourself. You looked around, assuring yourself you were still in the Curtis household. Was last night real, did Ponyboy and I really declare our love? The smell of bacon and toast filled your nostrils. You stretched out your back and groaned a little, your sleep was amazing but uncomfortable with such small space. You slowly got up, really opening your eyes. Darry walked in and shook your shoulder, you rubbed your eyes.
"Morning sleepy head, how was the snooze?" He was bright and chirpy, you could tell he had been awake for a while.
"It was well thanks, Darry. Oh Darry please do tell you've fixed breakfast, tell me."
"You bet little one, come to the table." You got up and stretched your back again, before walking over to the table where 5 plates were set out. You, Soda, Darry, Pony and... Steve walked through the door. It was planned.
"Morning everyone!" Steve called and sat straight at the table, gobbling down as much as he could fit in his mouth. Sodapop looked over to you as you sat down across from him.
"Mornin' y/n, I don't know where Pony's off to. I think he's just gettin' changed for school." School. School was today how could you let yourself stay up so late and forget!
"Soda, remind me what day it is."
"Friday the 6th." It was the last day of the school year, the Summer holidays were calling your name. Pony walked into the room, dressed with his hair freshly greased. His eyes shone when he looked at you, but you expected yourself to look like a wreck. He smiled and went a little red, the previous night really was real. You smiled back, elated.
"Good morning, Ponyboy Michael." He sat down next to you as you shoved a fork full of egg into your mouth, starving.
"Good morning y/n, I see you're hungry." You nodded truthfully, munching. "You right to wear what you're wearing now to school? We made the effort to get everyone up just in case you wanted to go home. We have your toothbrush and hairbrush here, I mean, you know that." For years, you've kept extra toothbrushes, hairbrushes in the bathroom for whenever you crashed. And a draw in Ponyboy's closet was reserved for your underwear, maybe a couple shirts too.
"I'm all good Pony, we can go straight to school. Last day it shouldn't matter." He smiled as everyone finished eating their breakfast.

The chocolate cake was brought out, but you refused. Excusing yourself to get ready for school. You walked into the bathroom, and quickly brushed your teeth and got your hairbrush out. Just as you started de-knotting your hair, Ponyboy slipped through the door. You looked at him through the mirror and continued to brush but he placed his hands on your waist. You tried to ignore him but he slipped his arms around you.
"When did you leave me?"
"I heard Darry takin' a shower and figured to slip myself away, I didn't wanna get caught."
"Well that's reasonable." You put the hairbrush down and grabbed his hands that were settled on your belly. You put them off you, stretching them out as you turned around so he was holding your back. Wrapping your arms around his neck, you reached up and hugged him. You pulled back and had your face close to him,
"Was last night real Ponyboy?" you questioned. He smirked, you honestly just wanted to make out with him right then and there. (I'm sorry but i just broke up with a boy who is all mixed signals on me and everyone's telling me i deserve better but i'm hearing all this different stuff and i still like him so much and coming up with this really is giving me more ideas. it's like such jealousy that this will never happen with me and him you know? the good side is that i think it sounds better!) He let the space between you decrease, his plump lips pressing against yours. It felt magical, it felt so passionate. You closed your eyes to focus on the feeling, wrapping your arms closer to him. He smelt of some sort of perfume fuses with laundry powder. You unwillingly let go and stared deep into his eyes for a couple seconds, smiling. He whispered, quiet enough for no one to hear,
"I love you, y/n. Really, truly love you." and grinned. You let him go and put your hair up, a smile spread across your face that refused to leave. The both of you walked out to the living room where Darry and Soda were left to do the dishes, Steve dancing to the radio. You looked at Ponyboy, his face bright and energised. This damn boy.

What ya guys think?! I've planned out the climax and it's in nothing that i've read so i hope it isn't in anything you've read! It might shock you BUT there are many chapters to get there! Message me for any ideas or requests of events and i'll chuck em in!! Love you guys and I'm so happy with the amount of reads, votes and feedback for my first book! THANK YOUUUUU!!!!! 💙
-Lily 🌅🌅