Lovely Obsession

"Shh, it's okay..."

The room was lacking light. Almost as if it rejected it in any possible way. It just embraced the utter darkness. Occasionally, a very dim light would enter the room. Moon, unlikely. Street lights, unlikely. The thunder. I adored it. It helped me see the girl in front of me. My most precious...

Her hair was tangled in my fingers. My grip wasn't strong - I didn't want to hurt her, but strong enough to keep her in place. That wasn't very needed, though. She was frozen on the spot. The only moving she did was her continuous shaking.

My lips pressed against her forehead. I pulled away, but only for half a second. I leaned closer, my lips still softly planted on her forehead. A small smile found my lips, a shaky, ragged breath escaping from my teeth.

My beloved opened her mouth and spoke, her voice quivering, "Bla-"

"Shh," I shut my eyes, my lips pressing against her. I felt her shaking. The poor girl was shaking so much. I opened my eyes and looked down. I removed my hand from her hair, letting her bangs fall in place again.

Both my hands cupped her face. My thumbs caressed across her cheeks, wiping away the tears, "Shh. Don't cry. Don't cry, sweetie." I lowered my head, my eyes not leaving her quivering lips. 

I leaned forward, brushing mine against hers.

"It's alright," I breathed out, "The bad man is gone now."

The jolt of lightening rang outside. A bright light entered the room due to it. It mostly shot down on the fat lump of flesh that was once considered man. It was lying there, blood slathering it as well as the floor. At his side was a knife, decorated with blood. Just like him. Just like it was meant to be.

A smile curled my lips, "I'm here. I'm here."

My legs shifted against the floor where we were sitting. Between my legs sat the tear stained revolver. Sitting, waiting...

Mocking me.

"I love you." I breathed out, hushed, "My most beloved Sophie."