Chapter 5: A Storm in the Commons

I slowly sat up in bed guessing that everyone was asleep, judging by the way they all gently snored. I slowly tip-toed out of the room. I shot glances all around the room. No one had made any sudden movements. Then, a hand shot out of nowhere and covered my mouth. It was Jack! He put a finger to his lips, telling me to be quiet. I quickly nodded and he took his hand off my mouth. We slipped into the commons as quietly as we could. Jack suddenly turned with a scowl.

"Who, or should I say what, are you?" he said angrily. "I felt you were different the moment you bumped into me at the platform. Now answer my question."

"You want to know what I am? I am some one who is a freak, who is cursed for life. I've been given powers that hurt people. I also am the person who has to keep my sister safe, not from a world she knows nothing about, but from her own sister!" I yelled forcefully. I noticed my clenched fist and realized I had made snowflake designs all over the wall in ice. It was also starting to snow. I tumbled to the floor, exhausted from the emotions I had just released. "I'm the person who no one understands, and who people think are a monster." I said to myself.

Jack's hand lifted my chin to look him in eyes. He smiled. "You are not misunderstood. You aren't a freak. You are none of that." He sweeped his hand towards the walls. All of the snow and ice disappeared. He then made a little snowflake float in his hand. He passed it off to me. "Just let it go."

"Why did you meet me here?" I asked.

"Because for the first time in forever, I've met some one like me. I wanted you to know you're not alone." He answered smirking.

"What is going on?" a female voice asked.

Jack and I both whipped our heads towards the voice.

"Esmeralda!" Jack said quickly.

"Umm, if you to were making out, I'll leave." she responded hesitantly.

"No! No! No! We were not at all making out. In fact I was just heading to bed." I replied quickly.

"Uh, me too." Jack said putting on a cheesy smile.

"Oh, okay." Esmeralda said happily. I swear when we were talking up to bed I saw her wink at Jack. "Is he your boyfriend?"

"No?" I responded.

"Hmm, might have to take a peek at him later." she said smiling.

Ugh. This girl.

"Next time, meet him outside the common room. It won't be as awkward if someone comes down." she said with a chuckle.

This was going to be a long year.

Authors Note

Hey guys, sorry for short chapter. As you can tell, I totally ship Jelsa. I will try to update as much as I can, and just let me know how you like my story, whether It would be a compliment, concern, or complaint. Have a nice day\ night\ whatever time it is!