Chapter 16: The Flicker in the Blackness

Pitch's POV

I slowly slid against the wall following Kida. She was walking quickly and glancing around nervously. She finally spotted what she was looking for. It was a magic tool used for amplifying your voice. It was set up so everyone in the school would hear her. She was about to speak when I blasted her with my black sand. She fell to the ground. I walked over to the machine.

"Oh, dearest students. The person talking right now is Elsa. But, there is more behind it. For now, I wanted to inform you that Pitch is back. Pitch wishes to destroy this pathetic school. And if you hadn't figured out, this is Pitch, using Elsa. Have a nice day!" I said with a cheery tone.

I could hear the murmurs of voices echo down the hallways. It brought with it a powerful stench. The smell of fear. I loved it. Then I caught whiff of it. It was faint, but it was there. It couldn't be.

I smelled hope.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Jack's POV

I snapped my eyes open. I was lying on the cold tile of the bathroom floor. I jumped up immediately. I saw the headmaster knocked out on the floor and Anna still pinned to the wall. Except now her head was slumped forward. I ran over to her.

"Anna! Anna wake up!" I yelled.

No! This can't be happening. I stuck my hand out to the ice to unfreeze it. Once it was gone, Anna fell into my arms. I heard footsteps running towards the bathroom. I saw Hiccup, Merida, Rapunzel, and Kristoff burst in. Kristoff took one look at Anna and his face fell. He ran over to me and took her in his arms.

"Anna. Please wake up." he said quietly. He leaned forward and kissed her. Slowly her eyes fluttered open.

"Kristoff? What happened? Where's Elsa?" she said getting frantic.

"Slow down there, Anna." Rapunzel said giggling.

We all took off to find Elsa. We heard a scream followed by some thumps, like bodies hitting the floor. We followed the sounds. Soon we saw the dark haired Elsa shooting black sand at a nearby student.

"We need to get to Professor Sandman. He faced off against Pitch. He'll know what to do." Hiccup said. We took off in search of him. We saw a golden light and followed it, assuming it was Professor Sandman's magic. As we rounded the corner we saw Pitch-Elsa shoot him with the black sand. He tried to regain balance. He slowly began to turn gray.

"NO!!" I yelled. I shot from around the corner. It was to late. Professor Sandman was nothing but a pile of black sand. Elsa turned and grinned evilly at me. She raised her arms and with her a herd of nightmare horses. She brought her hand down. Before it could hit me, I clapped my hands together and icy sparks flew off my staff and my hands. They arched their way to Pitch. Er, Elsa. Whoever. They dropped to the ground.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Elsa's POV

I sat watching the screen as more people were shot by this black sand. The picture suddenly swerved to face Sandman. He stood fierce, but it was too late. The black sand crept over his hands like mine. He turned gray and fell to a pile of black sand. Suddenly, He appeared next to me. I was quite startled. Pictures floated above his head. He told me his plan. It was crazy, but it just might work.

I stepped in front of him. We faced each other. He offered his hand. I was hesitant, but I took it. Something told me this was the right choice.