Chapter 12: Facing My New Shadow

Jack's POV

I heard what had happened with Elsa and wanted to see her. I sent Esmeralda up to get her but she got thrown out by a wall of ice. I decided to wait in the commons for her. I sat on the couch and waited. The next thing I knew I had dozed off. I awoke to the sound of the commons door closing. I jumped awake and hurried out. I saw a flash of white blonde hair hurrying around a corner. I quietly followed her. I then saw her stop in the middle of a dark corridor. What was she doing down here? She suddenly started talking.

"... I want to get rid of it all. The school, the students, everything."

I silently gasped. She was making a deal with that evil shadow guy! I wanted to jump out but then I would cause us both to be put into nightmare comas. The one know as Pitch, stepped out of the shadows like he was a part of them. He told her to meet her at the Grand Staircase at midnight. He disappeared into the shadows just as he had come. She suddenly dropped to her knees and cried. I walked over to her and knelt next to her and put my arm around her. She leaned into my shoulder and cried. I wanted time to freeze like this. Just me with her tucked into my arms.

"What have I done, Jack?" she whimpered.

"Its fine just don't meet him." I suggested.

"You don't understand. I know that if I back out now, he'll come after me." she cried.

I squeezed her tight and whispered, "It'll be all right."

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Elsa's POV

I walked to the top of the Grand Staircase just as a clock somewhere chimed midnight. I looked around the room. He wasn't here. I was just about to turn back when I heard a sinister laugh.

"You weren't about to back out, were you?" Pitch said coming from the shadow of the suit of armor.

"Well, what do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Ah, straight to the point are we?"

"You aren't going to ask me to meet you here to do nothing."

"Well yes, but I wanted to make sure you would follow through. So you agree to join my side, let's shake on it." he stuck out his hand and I was about to reach for it when I heard a voice.

"Don't do it." I turned to see a third year Slytherin walk into the light. She was a tall skinny brunette. Her ponytail was long and slightly curled in front of her face. I was pretty sure her name was Meg.

"I've made a deal like this before. Whatever he offered you, its not worth it. Trust me, I know." she said looking down.

"Aw, if it isn't Meg. The little girl who sold her soul to a wizard to save her boyfriend's life. Its really nice how he repaid you. By running off with some other girl." Pitch taunted. Meg tensed when he spoke. "Now you try to work it off by doing favors for the wizard and his little minions."

"I made a mistake OK?" she countered.

"Maybe so, but you still have nightmares about it. Almost every night, in fact. You still hope and dream someone will take you away from that." he sneered. "Now you can think that over!" he shot the black sand at her and she fell to the ground.

"No!" I yelled.

"I can break the trance. Just shake on it!" he yelled. I grabbed his hand and fell to the ground. I felt the black sand rushing over me. It burned as it wormed its way into my skin. It finally felt like it was over when I felt a sudden burst of ice and snow shoot from my finger tips and everything went black.