1. Fake

Dear Vanisha Scarlet,

You've been invited to the party of Emily Ross you will be at this address you know the address the party is for vampire awareness they hope to see you there VSAP the following
Call me your answer!

Vish sighed pulling out a smartphone with a rose case. She went to her friends number and called.

"Hey girl! So are you coming?"

"I want more information before hand Em."

"Oh, okay! I want to raise awareness about vampires. It's to learn about them. They might be bad, they might be good. Please come!"

Vish frowned. Going to that might be useful, but it might 'raise awareness' of something bad. That'd be awkward.

"I'm going to be studying, sorry."

"Studying what Vanshia?"

"My lines in drama!" Vish argued fiercely.

"Okay, okay. See you at school!"

"Bye."

"Goodbye..."

Beep. She sighed falling back on her bed.  Vish felt fake and a liar. With a situation like this, what else could she do? A knock banged loudly against her wooden door.

Vish peered to her left and saw Carlos.

"You thirsty?"

"I guess."

Vish sat up quickly, giving her a slight headache. She ignored it and walked out her room.

When a person is alone in their 10-14s, they might suddenly get thirsty. A thirst no amount of water can quench. If the thirst goes on for more than 10 minutes, the new vampire shall attack someone out of their control. This is how vampires are created. Their aging and growing stops for a hundred years.

There are other ways to get blood without harming humans. Vish and Carlos use alternate ways. They have a human friend named Sapphire who donates blood to them. She's a nurse at a hospital. She works a night shift in the blood donating floor. They visit her once a month. She gives blood from the donors that were there during the day.

Sometimes they use deer blood or other animals when Sapphire's sick. Now was one of those times.

"Hey Carlos? Human or deer blood?"

"Gotta say human. It's least likely to be infected. Before living with you, I drank diseased blood and went to a hospital for two weeks."

"Ek. That's bad."

Carlos snorted.

"No kidding."

Vish looked down. Carlos reminded her of Ben. They both spoke sarcasm more than English, they made fun of the weird things Vish stated, and they'd beat up anyone hurt her.

She was really worried for her little brother.

"Hey." Carlos hugged Vish. "Ben is okay, I know it."

They're fake. Everyone has a facade in front of certain people, most more than some. Vampires have to hide themselves until they find someone else like them.