16. Lies

By the way... That's my drawing of the character Clara from the book Battle Scars by kmbell92 It's a Harry Potter book. It made me cry a lot but still. It's amazing.

~~~~~

The truck left. While Vish and Ben were relieved, it made them extremely bored. But, their boredom was soon replaced with fear. Since they were avoiding The News, because they were rude, so they were behind on what the scientists had been doing.

"Maybe they're making a tracking device!" Ben exclaimed, animating his words with his hands.

"You sound way too enthusiastic..."

Vish's little brother rolled his eyes dramatically.

"This is just like a science fiction okay?! Sci-fy is my favorite genre and you know that!!" He stated in his defence.

Vish just nodded and laughed. She felt really scared, but there wasn't anything she could really do. So giggling made all the problems seem to disappear. Which in fact, wasn't possible. But... It helped her calm down.

"We should visit Carlos, don't you think Ben?" She asked her dear brother.

"We can go if you ask him out."

"Ben..."

"Yes?"

"He's bedridden at this moment"

"Your point?"

Vish rolled her eyes. Of course this was a conversation she was having. So she just stopped talking.

Ben poked her shoulder.

"Sis."

"Sis."

"Sis."

"Sis."

It took all of Vish's willpower not to scream st her brother. He would poke her as he said 'sis'. It got on her nerves very quickly. She sighed quietly, attempting to maintain her sanity.

"Haha, you're getting annoyed!"

How is this child thirteen?! He's 7 at best. The elder sibling however, didn't respond. She was not going to break. Her fangs were showing though.

Vish didn't know how long she'd last. She showed Ben off and got up.

"Are we going to visit him?"

"Sure. You probably don't trust me alone."

"True."

They got up and the sister of the two grabbed her car keys and satchel. Both of them walked out the door and froze. Scientists are good but experiments are not.

"You're coming with us vampires."

Ben just scoffed, this was getting really repetitive. Vish looked at her brother and back to the three scientists. Before opening her mouth.

"Excuse me? We just came back from a two week vacation to visit our aunt who lives in Arizona. I'm not sure what you're talking about but," She took a breath for dramatic effect.

"My bother, Ben, and I are not mythical creatures."