14. Fine

"Who the- who are you?" Ben asked with one eyebrow raised high above the other.

The man in front of them was someone Vish couldn't help but feel like they knew. Why was he here?

"I think you could answer that question yourself. What are you?"

Vish laughed nervously.

"What do you mean, what are you, isn't it pretty obvious? We're just like you."

Yup, we're dead. She thought. Having always hated lying, the poor teenager was horrible at it.

Before Ben could save her with is charismatic skills, the man said,

"Maybe this will help."

With that he got handed a cup by his friend who had just walked up.

"What are you do-" That's when Ben screamed.

Burning hot chocolate littered their skin.

"You're the one who put Carlos in the hospital huh?" Vish exclaimed.

That was when Ben pushed the man out and Vish slammed the door. The two both turned to each other. There was no time.

So, they ran to Carlos's room and climbed out the window onto the roof. The only way to access it was through his window.

Ben was terrified of heights. Most times, he got panic attacks from being just a few feet off the ground. It was that bad. But unfortunately, this was the best place to hide.

Vish held her brother's hand.

'It's going to be okay.' She mouthed.

He nodded but it was clear his mind was elsewhere. They climbed to the front of the house as quietly as they could. Vish peered over to the front door.

Holy crap.

The girl turned back to her brother. It was obvious she looked just as scared as him now.

She whispered, "He passed out..."

As much as Ben wanted to look, he couldn't bring himself to do it.

"L-let's get o-off."

Vish nodded, knowing not to argue. Though sibling banter could be tempting, keeping him off the ground was just insensitive. So they climbed back into Carlos's room.

The siblings walked out and into the front yard. The man had hot chocolate over his face and hair. Ben bent down after he gained his composer.

"He's not dead, and doesn't need CPR... Should we even be worried?"

Vish sat down next to him.

"Well, we should at least put him back in his car. Let's deal with him later, okay?"

"Agreed."

Together they went back inside and locked their door.

Ben declared, "I don't know him, but he's super annoying!"