20. Safe

"Um, hi?"

"Get him."

Carlos's eyes widened and he decided he'd have a better chance of escaping by running. But he could also find Vish and Ben if he went with the scientist guys.

"Look I'm not really here for a fight, I'm just trying to..."

Think think think!

"Become a scientist! I want to research about vampires but I think experience is wayyy better than college."

The two guards, paused, really confused.

"So you decided to break into the lab?" One asked.

"Well, it certainly grabbed your attention!"

Carlos was sweating and random ideas just kept spewing out his mouth. He didn't know what he was doing. The guards just looked at each other and shrugged in unison.

By some miracle, the vampire's charisma skills saved him. The guards lead him to a long hallway. It was relatively nice and new looking but it was definitely due for a paint job.

"They're in here."

"Great! I've never met vampires before!" Carlos lied with fake enthusiasm.

Once the door opened, his smile vanished. How could I let this happen? Vish and Ben looked very sickly. They looked like they were having trouble breathing almost as if they were on the verge of passing out.

Carlos turned around and punched both of the guards, one in the stomach and the other one in the jaw. That woke up Vish and Ben.

"What's happening Vish?" Ben asked, his throat sounding very dry.

"I don't really know?"

Carlos ignored the pleading of the guards and he turned to his friends, looking at them with a pained face.

"How long has it been since you've had blood?"

They didn't answer which told him that it's been too long. The vampire grabbed a small zip bloc bag of blood and handed it to Vish and Ben.

After having their fill, the two looked much healthier.

"Let's get out of here." Carlos said.

He put Ben on his back and they all walked out. All three needed each other, specifically Carlos because he was he one who had the best health at the moment.

No one seemed to run into them, which all the vampires were grateful for. Once they got home, Carlos laid the youngest on his bed and then helped Vish onto hers.

"Are you okay Vish?"

She laughed, which caused her to cough slightly.

"Do you really want me to answer that?"

"Vanisha, I meant mentally. No offense, but you don't look too good today."

Both of them smiled, both finally safe.