NINE.

15.07.17

01:01

HYPNOTIC.

The way you talk,

the words you use.

Your eyes on my body,

your lips on my skin.

The way you make my knees go weak,

the way you make my stomach knot.

Your power over my mind,

your power over my heart.

The effect you have on me,

it's hypnotic

19:09

Your words are like honey,

sickly sweet.

They run like a river through my mind,

binding you to me.

23:20

'the best work is produced when you're in love ' - a vague remembering of a Hemingway ( I think)  quote I saw online somewhere.

I am going to have to disagree with you there, Hemingway (if it is you that even said this). Well, not entirely. Yes, I agree some of the best works are produced when I feel love, whether this is to someone I view as a lover or someone I love in a purely platonic sense. But, where I disagree with him is on the notion of love, alone. I think the best writing comes out of people when they feel. Whether this is love, hate, anger or sorrow. It's the power of the emotion that gives the writing a deeper authenticity, as there is no logic when you write from  - as cheesy as it is going to sound - the heart. There is no logic when we feel emotions deeply, all the logical thought processes we would normally go through are cast aside and it's the emotion that wholly takes over, that guides the pen. The tone of the work becomes raw with pure emotion, it becomes real.

17.07.17

18:35

"you make me smile when i'm sad. you make me laugh when i'm about to cry. you make me smile like a fool. you make me laugh like a child. you make me want to be a better version of myself. but, most importantly, you make me feel things i have never felt before, and that terrifies me." - i think it might be love.

18.07.17

00:48

I'm scared. 

I'm scared of falling in love.

It's not because I don't feel sure of how I feel, but because I'm scared of change. I'm scared of changing. I don't want to allow myself to become lost and I don't want to lose myself. I don't want to get hurt because I have witnessed that kind of hurt and I don't want to experience it. I don't want to lose something good. I don't want to end up trying something I might regret.

REGRET.

I don't want to try something I might regret,

but,

I don't want to regret not trying it.

I don't know what to do and that's what scares me because I feel deeply - whether it be love or sadness - and I am scared of having to feel both of those in quick succession.

Maisie you're such a melt, a melt whose caught fucking feelings.

14:32

"mind,

you're always on mine.

soul,

you're embedded in mine.

heart,

you've stolen mine." - the power you have over me.

15:42

"you capture the hearts and minds of everyone in the room.

with your smile is brighter than the sun,

with your infectious laughter.

with the twinkle in your eye, 

with the warmth of your smile.

as i watch,

you make me smile like a fool,

you capture my heart and mind.

but most importantly,

you make me feel safe." - the way you make me feel.

16:43

"why is he always on my mind?

why is she always on my mind?

why doesn't he see my beauty?

why can't she see her beauty?

how does he have so much power over my heart, mind and soul?

how does she have so much power over my heart, mind and soul?

why does he make me feel this way?

why does she make me feel this way?

why do i think i'm falling for him?

why do i know i'm falling for her?

what am i saying? i have already fallen." - questions they will never ask each other

Note

For once, I am early with an upload *i'm shook*. The inspo for the first entry comes from Hypnotic by Zella Day, but for the most part of the chapter, it comes from the song attached at the top (Please Don't Say You Love Me by Gabrielle Aplin). For me, this is a really soppy chapter but I think that has partly come from me listening to my soppy playlist and watching a lot of gossip girl. I won't be uploading for a while now because I am off on holiday this week and won't have much time to get on wattpad, but I am taking my trusty notepad and will keep writing and have something for you in August.

Let me know what you think, by commeting and voting! x