Count On Me

"Oh come on, Sarah, admit it! You were embarrassed of that baby and you left her out in the cold to die!" Elliot shouted at the suspect, getting close to her face. He was inches away from her face, intimating her. "Why'd you do it? Did you think it would make you feel better, huh?" He asked, his voice deadly soft.

"No." The blonde croaked, hiding her face. Her blonde was a mess from being on ice for about four hours. Olivia watched from the other side of the table, waiting to see what her partner would do.

"Then why'd you do it?" He exclaimed, raising his voice, making the suspect jump.

"I don't know." She cried, her brown eyes becoming blood shot. Elliot scoffed. He couldn't take being around her anymore. She was making him absolutely sick. Who does that to a baby?

"You're disgusting! That baby was your's and you just left her to die! You're a terrible mother! She was four weeks old! Did you just think she could fend for herself?" He roared.

"You don't understand!" Sara sobbed as he exited for the door. He had to get out of there before his anger took over his body. He could lose his temper, making him not think before acting.

He opened the door and stopped in his tracks, staring at the woman. "You're right. And I never will!" He fired back before he shut the door. He walked two steps before meeting Captain.

"What the hell was that?" He demanded.

"I just lost it." Elliot replied, walking towards the one way glass.

"You're damn right you lost it. You better keep your act together if you want to stay on this case." Captain threatened as he followed Elliot. Olivia exited the room, her jaw wide open as she looked at her partner.

"Are you kidding me? We had a chance of getting her to talk, but now that's out the window," She stated as she walked to them. "What even happened in there?"

Elliot rubbed his head. God, what did happen in there? "You need a break. Go home and get some rest." Captain offered, holding onto Elliot's shoulder. Elliot shrugged him off.

"No. I'm not leaving." He stated. He was a detective for SVU. It's not like he would sleep well at night anyways. Plus, Elliot Jr. loved waking the family up at three am, making it very hard to catch any z's.

"Then sleep here in the crib." Captain suggested. Elliot shook his head, running his hands through his hair. After thinking about it, he had to agree. This might be the one time he could get more than three hours of sleep.

"Fine. But if anything happens, wake me." He agreed, heading off. Captain looked at Olivia. She was one of the top detectives here. He trusted her with every bit of information.

"He does this all of the time, Captain. What makes you think sleeping it off will make him better? If anything, I think it'll just make him more aggressive." Olivia stated, watching her partner stomp down the hall.

"You know he hates seeing children die from reckless parents. I know he can't just sleep that off. I'm just hoping this will help him keep his cool the next time he's in that room with Sara." He answered.

Elliot was very protective of children. Maybe he was that way because of his five children, but no matter how much he tried to keep his cool, he couldn't. Olivia has always been his rock. The one to help him calm down.

xxx

She went to check on her partner. She hadn't seen him in a while, so she figured he actually fell asleep. Actually, she prayed that Elliot was asleep. She entered the crib, seeing him on his side. "Elliot." She whispered, hoping he won't reply.

"Hmm? Did we find a lead?" He mumbled, turning over. He rubbed his blue eyes, being blinded from the light now shining in his eyes. Olivia shook her head.

"No, sorry. I was just coming to make sure you were asleep," She replied, holding the doorknob in her hand. "Did you get any z's?"

He softly laughed as he sat up. "I wish. But I've just been tossing and turning." He admitted. She frowned, entering the room. The door gently shut behind her as she took a seat on the bed beside him.

"What's bothering you, El?" She asked. He shrugged his shoulders, cocking his eyebrow.

"Nothing," He answered. Olivia slightly scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I'm serious. Nothing is bothering me." He repeated.

"Elliot, you know you can count on me, right? I mean, that's what best friends are supposed to do. They're supposed to have each other's backs." She explained. He chuckled.

"Liv, I think I know that. You've always been here for me. I couldn't forget that." He smiled, lightly tapping her shoulder. She nodded her head, hoping he would tell her what was happening.

"You'll always have my shoulder to cry on." She added, making him laugh. He laid back down, resting his elbow on the pillow.

"Olivia, I know. I promise, there's nothing going on. If there is, I'll talk to you, okay?" He grinned. She returned the smile, nodding her head.

"Good. Well, I guess I better finish some paperwork quick." She stated, lightly tapping the bed before standing up.

"Wait, wait. Liv, you need some sleep too. Just lay down and catch up. Then tomorrow we'll both be refreshed and ready to clear the case." He explained. She let out a light sigh, looking into his blue eyes.

"You know I can't say no to my best friend." She smiled, laying down on the bed beside him.

"I know," he smirked, making her throw a pillow at him. Of course, he caught it. "Thanks." He laughed.

She groaned and rolled over. "Goodnight, Elliot." She softly chuckled.

"Goodnight, Liv." He yawned, rolling onto his back. For the first time in months,mother both slept peacefully.

~~~~~~~~~~