Tainted Love

His feelings were so confused at this moment. He didn't know what to feel for his partner. Their relationship was supposed to be professional, but anyone could tell they were more than that. They depended on each other for many thing, things that were considered taboo.

Olivia had been his partner for more years than anyone wanted to know. The way they looked at each other gave everyone signs that they were seeing each other off duty more than necessary.

Elliot entered the squad room, his head down. He didn't dare to look at Olivia. Things were getting too complicated for him. "Good morning, El." She greeted, smiling at him.

Despite his conscience begging him to ignore her, he looked into her brown eyes. He sent her a grin that reached his eyes. "Morning." He stated.

She eyed him, then looked back down at her desk, her smile still present. He licked his lips then looked down again. What was wrong with him? What they were doing behind the scenes definitely could get them both fired.

But when he looked at her, his heart set a fire. He lusted after her. Everyone wanted to get with her. She was headstrong, independent, and gorgeous. She had curves in all the right places. Her constant change of hair styles always keep things interesting and she had brown eyes that always drew him in. Lucky for him, he was paired with her.

But he had to run away from her. This fling had to stop. Sure, Kathy and him had split months ago, but what they were doing wasn't right. His morality was screaming for him to end it with her.

He stood up, needing to get away. He had to clear his head and man up. He had to tell her that it was over, that they were only friends. He couldn't handle their love anymore. It was too intense for him. "Where ya headed?' She questioned, watching him leave.

He stopped, licking his lips as he thought of an excuse. "I just have to grab a few things." He stumbled hoping she would fall for his lies. She grinned, standing up.

"I guess I could tag along." She answered, staring into his blue eyes. Of course, why did he think he could lie to Manhattan SVU's best detective? He nodded his head as she followed behind him.

She stood beside him, getting multiple side glances now that he was walking thee Olivia Benson. If only they knew the pain she drove into his tangled heart. He had lost his light, his ability to know right from wrong, just by being three feet from her.

For the past couple of weeks, he had been tossing and turning. He couldn't catch a wink of sleep. His Catholic morals were guilt tripping him. It made it hard for him to even breathe just thinking about all the wrong he had done.

They entered the office, closing the door behind them. Olivia slipped her smooth hand over the doorknob, locking it so no one else could get in and catch them. She smirked at him, gently touching his arm. "So, what are you looking for?" She asked.

"I just need to grab a few files." He stuttered, trying to keep his cool around her. Images of what he wanted to do to her were swirling in his head. He began to sweat as he watched her strut around, looking at the boxes and boxes of files.

"You want the ones about Richard Harold, right?" She questioned, tilting her head to look him in the eyes. He nodded his head, gulping. He couldn't stand the way she teased him. He wanted to run away. He had to get away.

Just because he used to run to her for love, didn't mean he wanted it anymore. Her tainted love was staining him mentally and physically. If he even moved his collar a smidge, you could see her love bites. Every thing he thought about always revolved around her.

He wanted to make things right. Olivia didn't deserve someone like him. He was a divorced man with four children. Besides that, they were coworkers. Their shenanigans were prohibited. "Elliot, you okay?" She asked, her eyes now looking considered.

"Liv, I can't do this anymore." He confessed. Suddenly, he began to pace around the room, rambling about how wrong everything was. She frowned, watching him become frantic.

She gently touched his shoulder. No, he didn't want her to touch him. "Elliot, it's okay. Brian and I worked out fine." She comforted. Elliot groaned, rolling eyes. Who could forgot about her fling with Brian?

"And where is he now?" He sighed, pacing around the room again. "He left after he couldn't handle things anymore. I don't think I can handle it anymore." He continued.

"Elliot-"

"Olivia," he interrupted, grabbing her shoulders. "I've given you all I could possibly give you. Just take my tears and everything else you want. I need to leave. I need to pack my things and get away."

She nodded her head, understanding. She wasn't going to force him to be in a relationship he didn't want. She gently rested her hand on his chest, giving him one last kiss, just to get it out of her system. She had to remember what his lips felt like.

But what she wasn't expecting was for him to kiss her back. Suddenly, she wanted to be in his arms. She wanted him to hold her tight. She ran her fingers though his hair as their last kiss became heated.

He wanted to touch her. He loved her even though she hurt him. Just one more time, he had to hold her in his arms. Just on more time, he had to feel her lips on his. This tainted love that they shared no one could understand.

~~~~~~~~~~