His Little Girl

Her cellphone loudly rang on her desk, buzzing around in circles as she tried to type up her report. Olivia had finally solved one of her toughest cases and for once it seemed like everything turned out okay.

She picked up the phone and looked at the ID. She smiled and flipped it open. "Hey, El." She greeted, leaning back in her chair. A few detectives waved goodbye to her as they left for the night, leaving just her and Cragen.

"Liv, you gotta help me." He replied, his voice sounding desperate. She grinned, moving the phone to her other ear.

"Let me guess, you already can't stand the in-laws?" She teased.

"I couldn't stand them from day one," he chuckled back, making her smile. "But seriously, you better be here tomorrow. I'm going to need all the help I can get." Elliot added.

"Thee Elliot Stabler is asking for moral support?" She asked, now sitting up. He sighed and she could almost hear him roll his eyes.

"Don't make me ask again, Liv. I already taste bile," he joked, making her grin. "I could hardly make it through the rehearsal dinner. I doubt I can make it through the wedding with losing my cool."

"Alright, I'll be there," she agreed. "But only for Kathy and Maureen. They're the ones who would have to deal with an angry Stabler."

"Please, if you think I'm bad when I'm pissed you haven't seen Bridezilla Maureen in action," he laughed, making Liv laugh along. "Honestly, she's terrifying. I'm surprised that Jim hasn't backed out yet."

"Please, you just want him to back out so you can keep Maureen as your baby girl." Liv giggled.

"I suppose you're right," Elliot sighed. Liv heard voices in the background bossing him around, making it hard for her not to laugh. No one told Elliot what to do with getting a sucker punch to the face. He groaned into the phone. "Alright, I better go. Maureen wants to go through our dance one more time because it has to be perfect."

"Alright. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Night, El." Liv replied.

"Night, Liv. I'll see you at two tomorrow." He stated before he ended the call. Olivia grinned, shutting her phone and placing it on her desk.

"Elliot already annoyed at this wedding?" Cragen teased, walking towards Liv's desk. Olivia nodded her head.

"Oh, he's past annoyed. He called to make sure I was coming tomorrow." She replied, earning a soft chuckle and a head shake from Cragen.

"Good luck, Liv." He laughed, exiting the squad room.

xxx

"Oh my god, I feel like I'm going to throw up." Maureen exclaimed, waving her hands at her face to cool herself down.

"Please, Maureen, don't swear in church." Kathy slightly scolded as she fixed her daughter's dress.

"I'm sorry, Mom. I'm just so worried. What if this doesn't happen like we've planned? What if Eli messes up with the rings? What if I forget to give Kathleen my bouquet or if I fumble up my vows?" Maureen rambled.

"Then it happens and you keep going." Kathy assured as she fixed the bride's veil.

"You're supposed to tell me that I'm being irrational and that won't happen." She fired back, now glaring at her mother. Kathy looked up and their eyes meet. They both giggled, tears beginning to pool.

"Everything will be perfect." Kathy grinned, kissing her daughter's cheek.

Maureen smiled, closing her eyes. She didn't want to ruin her makeup. Suddenly, her blue eyes shot open. "Oh my god. Is Dad ready? You better make sure he doesn't freak out. He's probably freaking out, Mom." Maureen quickly exclaimed.

"Your father is fine. Liv's making sure he's ready and calm." Kathy replied. Maureen bit her lip, arching her eyebrows at her mother.

"Go check on him."

xxx

"El, you ready?" Kathy asked as she open d the door. He was pacing around the room, rubbing his hand on the back of his neck. Kathy glanced at Olivia, who shrugged her shoulders.

"Are we really doing this?" Elliot questioned, turning around to face his wife. His eyebrow was arched, hoping this was some giant nightmare. He was praying that he would wake up any minute and find himself in bed.

"El, this is happening." Kathy assured, slightly chuckling. She knew her husband would freak out, but not this bad.

"Ya know, she's too young to get married. I think we should wait a few more years." He replied, making Olivia and Kathy laugh.

"Elliot, we were married at 17. I think Maureen is old enough. She's older than we were." Kathy grinned. He slightly chuckled, looking to the ground.

"Come on, Stabler. Don't tell me you're scared." Olivia teased, slightly bumping his shoulder. He scoffed, shaking his head.

"I'm not scared."

"Then let's go. Maureen is waiting." Kathy smiled. Elliot licked his lips and followed her. He felt like his heart was going to burst out of his chest. They walked to the back of the church, swerving through the wedding party to head towards the back.

"Dad, do I have to wear this?" Eli asked, tugging on his suit.

"If I have to wear a suit, so do you." Elliot replied, earning a groan from his youngest son.

"Well don't you look handsome." Olivia grinned, looking down at Eli. His blue eyes light up when he got a glance at her.

"Liv!" He cheered, running to meet her. She laughed, rubbing his head as he hugged her legs. "I missed you!" He shouted, looking up at her.

"I missed you too, bud." She smiled, kneeling down to his level.

"Eli, come on. Maureen is freaking out," Dickie groaned, walking over to them. "Hey, Liv." He smiled as she stood up.

"Wow, did Maureen let all of you in her wedding party?" Olivia teased. Dickie groaned and rolled his eyes.

"More like forced. I would much rather be out there than in here." He grumbled, making Olivia laugh. She looked down at her watch, knowing it was about to start.

"Well, I better head to my spot. Good luck!" Liv waved as she headed into the church. As soon as she left, the music started. Little by little, Elliot and Maureen got closer and closer to the doors.

"Oh god, Dad, I'm scared." She panted, her arm tightening around his. He slightly chuckled, looking down at her.

"Don't worry, you look beautiful." He complimented. She awed, looking into his blue eyes that were now pooling with tears.

"Daddy, don't cry. You'll make me cry." She sniffed as she wiped away the tears threatening to spill.

"I'm sorry. You gotta understand how hard this is for me. You know how protective I am of you." He apologized, wiping away his tears. She looked up at him, slightly frowning.

"I know."

Suddenly, the song changed. They both took a deep breath as they felt everyone turn around to see the bride. Everyone awed as they watched Maureen walk with Elliot, their arms lopped together. Neither one would admit that they had tears in their eyes, but everyone could see it. Once they reached the front, Elliot finally accepted that his little girl was no longer little. "I love you." He whispered, his voice slightly cracking.

"I love you too, Daddy." She grinned. He placed a kiss on her cheek and went to stand by Eli and Kathy. Today, their daughter would walk away as a new woman. She might be an adult, but she would always be his little girl in his heart.

~~~~~~~~~~