Like Father Like Son

Olivia let out a little sigh as she sat at her desk. In a few months, she would finally retire from SVU. What was she going to do with her life now? For the past few weeks, she had spent most of her time thinking about hobbies, like gardening or baking.

But she knew what she would really be spending her time doing. It would either be coming back 'just for a visit' or watching crime shows on tv. No matter how much she might want to leave this life, she knew she would never be able to escape it.

She ran her fingers though her now gray hair. There were some things she wished she could erase from her mind, like crime scenes or battered victims, but there were plenty of memories she hoped she could keep forever.

She looked at all of the pictures on her desk. Everyone surrounding her desk had a special place in her heart. They had made an impact on her life. Some of them were bad experiences, but most were exceptional people.

She started at the end, looking at her first squad. That was where all the memories started. In fact, that was were she got one of her mottos. You don't get to pick the vic. That little phrase had stuck with her her whole life.

She glanced at the photo, looking into the eyes of her little fling, Brian. He had a big heart and was the type of sensitive guy every girl dreamed of. He couldn't hurt a fly, even though he acted like it. As much as she liked him, they were both in different stages of their life. He was ready to settle down, while she liked being single. He left to save himself from trauma, which was safer for him. After a few cases, everyone could tell they were getting to him.

Next to him was Monique. She was a ball of fire to say the least. She was one of few who could handle Munch and his comments. Everyone agreed that they made the perfect couple, but sadly, she left for a terrible cause. If only they wouldn't have had those stupid examinations. After she left, Munch was never really the same.

She moved onto the next picture, spotting Dale. God, who could forget him? At first, she just figured him to be some odd college kid who figured cases to be like the ones he saw on tv. Well, he was a little more messed up than she thought. The psycho tried to kill her partner, and actually did kill Ryan.

She shook her head, trying to move past that. She looked into the eyes of John Munch. Sure, they had a rough start, but it wasn't his fault. He didn't know anything about her past, and yet, somehow always found a way to offend her with it. But after he finally knew where she was coming from, they become close friends. So close, in fact, that John occasionally babysat for her.

A smile formed on her face as she glanced at Nick. They had also originally butted heads, but no one could blame her. She was going through lots of things. After all, he was her first new partner. But, they eventually worked it all out, becoming close.

After Nick, was Amanda. Man, Olivia and her had gone through a lot together. At one point, Amanda couldn't trust men, but Olivia showed her that everything would work out. Then there was her pregnancy, but that worked out too. Jesse is still one of the sweetest girls Olivia knows.

She let out a little sigh, looking at her Captain. Cragen had saved her ass multiple, well, more like millions of times. He had always made sure to save her and her partner from getting caught, but he always made sure to give them a good rip. After he left, SVU felt different. That was when she finally realized that her life as she knew it was really changing.

She wiped a tear under her brown eyes, moving onto Fin. Where did she even begin? After many, many, many years of working together, they had formed an irreplaceable relationship. She really owned him her life since he saved her from that rape. Fin had always had her back, even when she didn't ask him to.

Last but differently not least, was her first partner. Elliot Stabler definitely had a huge impact on her life. As she stared into his blue eyes, she could still hear his voice. She could always tell what he was thinking just by how he loud or soft he talked.

Elliot had always had an anger problem, which he blamed on his Irish genes. Personally, she blamed it on his past with the Marines, but he was still a great detective. It helped that he had a family which he cared deeply about, so that made him very dedicated to the job. What was he doing with his life now?

A knock on the door made her jump. She held her hand to her chest, softly panting. She wasn't used to this kind of greeting. "Sorry." The stranger mumbled, a smile gently on his face. Those blue eyes. He looked like a ghost from her past.

She glanced back and forth at the picture of Elliot and the stranger in front of her. No. It was impossible. This stranger was young, way too young to be her best friend. "No, it's okay. I'm guessing you're the new detective?" She greeted, standing up from her desk.

"Obvious, huh?" He shrugged, shaking her hand. She nodded her head.

"Well, when you've worked here as long as I have, you catch on fast." She teased, slightly chuckling. He nodded his head in agreement, sticking his hands into his pockets.

"So, you hold the record for working in SVU longer than anyone else, right?" He asked, trying to make small talk. Olivia grinned, slightly punching his shoulder.

"Someone did their homework." She replied, making him laugh.

"Well, my father did tell me to make a good impression on my captain. He said that you would have my back if we clicked well." He explained, gently smiling.

"Your father must have been a cop," She stated, tilting her head. "Ya know, I never did get your name." She added, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Oh, it's Elliot. Elliot Stabler." He quickly answered. Olivia slightly froze. Did she just hear him right? She blinked, trying to regain her composure.

"Welcome to the team, El." She smiled, rambling off the first thing that came to her mind.

"Actually, El is my father's nickname. I would much rather be called Eli, if that's alright." He quickly replied, hoping he was saying all of the right things. Olivia nodded her head, tears forming in her brown eyes.

"So, how's the family? The twins doing okay?" She asked, licking her lips. Eli tilted his head, smirking.

"Man, they really do have background checks." He mumbled, making Olivia laugh. She gently touched his shoulder, feeling joy fill her heart.

"Eli, tell your dad that we need to catch up sometime." She grinned, lightly patting his shoulder. She walked away, heading back towards her desk. What were the odds? Her last few months at SVU and she was working with another Elliot Stabler.

~~~~~~~~~~