Christmas Eve

"Coming!" Liv shouted as she slung her cardigan tighter across her chest. She rushed to peek out the peephole, a smile widening on her face. "Elliot!" She cheered as she opened the door, seeing the Stabler family surrounding her apartment door.

"Merry Christmas, Liv!" They greeted, holding presents in their hands.

"Merry Christmas! Come in! Come in!" She replied, waving them in. Quickly, the family rushed in, kicking their shoes off by the front door. "What are you guys doing here?" Olivia asked, surprised by their sudden appearance.

"Well, we were just coming from Christmas Eve Mass and we decided to drop by and say hello." Kathy grinned as she handed Eli off to Elliot. The kids immediately made themselves at home in Liv's living room, placing the presents under tree.

"And you just happened to have all of these presents with you?" Liv smirked, crossing her arms across her chest as she arched her eyebrow.

"What can we say? We're always prepared." Elliot fired back as he took off Eli's coat and hat. Eli was babbling, trying to talk to Elliot. Elliot babbled back at him as Kathy rushed to Liv's side.

"I'm sorry if we're butting in. Elliot, well, all of us didn't want you to spend Christmas alone." Kathy explained, gently placing a hand on Liv' shoulder.

"You guys didn't have to take time out of your holiday to see me." Olivia quickly argued, a nervous smile present on her face. Did she really seem this desperate for a family? She thought she was holding herself together pretty well.

"You're family, Liv!" Kathleen shouted from the living room.

"Yeah, we wanted to come see you," Maureen added. "You've been Dad's partner for over a decade."

"Has it been that long already?" Elliot asked as he sat down on the floor beside the couch. The four oldest kids took up the couch while Kathy took the recliner. Olivia grabbed a bar stool and brought it into the living room, slightly nervous about the idea of suddenly hosting her partner's family in her apartment.

"Crazy right?" Liv replied, nodding her head. "Would you guys like anything to drink? Coffee? Hot chocolate?" She quickly offered, realizing her guests didn't have anything to drink.

"No thanks, we're good, Liv." Kathy smiled, making Dickie and Lizzie whine. They wanted some thing, but obviously their mother had shut them down.

"What do you two want?" Liv chuckled, looking at the kids. Kathy softly smiled, shaking her head. She was surprised Liv was keeping it together. If Liv just randomly brought her family to their house, Kathy would have been freaking out.

"Hot chocolate!" They grinned, their voices synced. Everyone laughed at the twins. They acted like they hated each other constantly and for once they were thinking the same things.

"And you two deny that you're twins." Kathy teased from across the room, making the twin of them stick out their tongues. They looked at each other, laughing as they performed the same acts.

Elliot rolled his blue eyes, playing with Eli on his lap. "When are we going to open presents? I want to see what I got." Elliot declared, making Kathy groan.

"Shut up, El. We just got here." She chuckled as Liv came back in with drinks. She handed the twins their drinks and say back down on her stool. She suddenly felt embarrassed since she didn't buy any of them a gift.

"Yeah! I want Liv to see what I got her!" Lizzie joined in. Elliot agreed, nodding his head.

Kathy tossed back her head, her blonde hair falling behind her. "Fine. But only because I don't want a fight to break out." She agreed.

The kids cheered as they grabbed their gifts. They had added Liv's name to their secret Santa list and had planned on crashing her Christmas Eve night. They quickly passed their gifts around, making sure they got to the right person.

Lizzie quickly placed Liv's gift on her lap, making Olivia gasp. "You didn't have to do this for me." She stated, brushing her brown hair out of her brown eyes.

"Yes, we did, Liv. You're our family." Kathy smiled as Dickie handed his gift to her.

"But I didn't get you guys anything." Liv shyly blushed, folding her hands on the present. She couldn't believe she didn't bother to get any of them anything.

"We just left Eli without a gift. He won't know the difference anyways." Elliot brushed off as Eli babbled to the family.

"Now I feel bad. I left a baby without a present."

"Here," Elliot started, standing up from the floor. He placed Eli in her lap and ripped off a piece of the paper. "Open it together." He explained. Everyone cheered, encouraging the baby to open it. Liv laughed, helping him rip the wrapping paper to move things along.

"Aww. This is such a cute sweater!" Olivia grinned, holding the Christmas sweater in the air. "Thank you, Lizzie." She thanked, waving Lizzie over to give her a hug. Elliot sat back down on the floor beside his present.

Liv kissed Eli's cheek, making him giggle. "Mom, open yours!" Dickie cheered.

Kathy quickly opened her small present, awing as she turned the box around to show everyone. "Richard, these are gorgeous. Thank you!" She grinned as she admired the diamond earrings.

"Geez. Now she'll be disappointed tomorrow morning. Thanks, Dickie." Elliot grumbled, making everyone laugh.

"At least you got me a present this year." Kathy fired back, making everyone roar. Elliot rolled his blue eyes as he picked up his present, shaking it beside his ear.

"Dad," Kathleen groaned. "Stop messing around and just open it." She chuckled.

Quickly, Elliot ripped off the paper, sending it flying around the room. Eli squealed, watching the colorful paper float to the floor. "This is exactly what I wanted! Thanks, Kath." Elliot exclaimed as he held up the Jets jersey.

"Yeah, well, it helps to have Dickie as a brother. Without him, I would have gotten you a Giants jersey." Kathleen laughed as Elliot gasped.

"No one in this family is a Giants fan. We are either Jets fans or nothing." Elliot commanded. Everyone laughed, holding their stomach. Everyone continued to open their presents as a soft smile rested on Liv's face. This was the best Christmas ever.

~~~~~~~~~~