Langst Four - Shiro

Shiro glared at Lance, whose head was hung low in shame.

"You cost us the mission. You almost cost Keith his life!" Shiro's voice was filled with a raw anger usually reserved for Slav. Hunk, Keith and Pidge stared uncomfortably at the scene.

"How are you even a paladin of Voltron?" Allura muttered from the doorway. Tears began to form in Lance's eyes. Everyone watched as he held them back, took the verbal abuse with a single ounce of dignity.

Lance, after standing in the middle of the room in silence for a moment,  finally nodded. He closed his eyes and slipped out of the room.

Nobody followed him.

Later that night, when Lance was sure everyone must have been asleep, he snuck into the training room to hopefully improve his skills. He had endangered everyone, he was obviously the worst paladin, it would be better if he were more like Keith, or even Shiro - they knew what they were doing.

Lance blasted through level after level of drone, gladiator and projectile based assault training. Sweat dripped down his face and a ringing clouded his hearing, so he didn't notice when the door swished open.

"Lance, what the hell are you doing in here this early?"

Early?

"What time is it?" Lance asked, not even turning to his visitor.

"It's like six."

"End training sequence." Lance called, powering down the gladiator charging at him.

"How long have you been awake?" Lance turned to see Shiro staring at him.

"Not long." He lied.

"Really? Because Allura looked at the security footage from the castle and saw you sneaking around last night."

"Why was she spying on me?" Lance frowned and blinked back tears.

"Why did you lie to me?" Lance took a deep breath as Shiro stepped into the room​. Lance ran towards the door, knowing he wasn't ready to tell Shiro, his hero, that he hated himself.

"I'm really tired!" He called as he ran down the hall. Shiro scowled and began to follow him. His muscular legs caught hin up to Lance quickly. He grabbed the blue paladin's wrist and turned Lance towards him.

"Lance," Shiro said softly, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what I did." Lance wrenched himself​ away from the black paladin's grasp.

"Just... Just leave me alone." Lance let the tears stream down his face. He didn't care how much his pain would hurt Shiro, make him feel guilty. He just wanted to be wanted, to be loved and accepted. But instead he got yelled at for trying to save Keith's life, and succeeding.

He didn't even know why he tried anymore.

Sorry that this one is so short!