What You Want: Part Two

Magnus ended the phone call with a really big smile. Clary soon entered the room, carrying a stack of books and papers.

"So?" she asked, wondering about the call.

"They said yes!" Clary screamed, and Magnus laughed. After she calmed down he continued. "At first they tried to convince me not to go, but I finally won them over. They said that if I get accepted, they'll pay!" Clary was even happier than he was, which made the whole situation better.

"Now, all you have to do is get in."

"Yeah, the easy part." he said sarcastically. She dropped the stack that she was holding on his desk, that he cleared free of magazines and clothes.

"These are the study books, and the practice tests." She explained patting the stack. She leaned on the desk. "You've got a lot of work cut out for you my friend." He nodded in agreement.

"We should get started."

"No we. I'll help but you need to hit the books solo first. I'm going out. Call me if you forgot how to read a book." she said jokingly as she walked out of his room.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D PICK BLONDIE OVER ME!"

"'CAUSE HE'S BETTER!"

"OVER MY DEAD BODY!"

"GET STUDYING OR I WILL KILL YOU AND IT WILL LITERALLY BE OVER YOUR DEAD BODY!"

"YOU DISGUST ME!"

"GOODBYE!" she shouted, slamming the front door, so that he was aware that she left. Magnus didn't mean anything he said, and he knew Clary knew that. Magnus was actually great that she was helping him. Without her, he would go in winging the exam.

—-TWO WEEKS AFTER LSATS EXAM—-

When Magnus got home after a Fashion History lecture, he found Clary sitting at the island with an envelope in front of her. She seemed to be having a staring contest with it, and the paper seemed to be winning.

"Have you finally lost your mind?" he asked her, opening the fridge and pulling out a bottle of water. He turned to her.

"It's here." she said in response. He raised his eyebrow.

"What's here?"

"Your score."

"The LSATs?!" She nodded, and he grabbed it off the counter. "Should I open it?" He asked earning himself a look from her like he was crazy, so he took that as a yes. He carefully ripped it open, and slid the paper out. He placed the envelope down with his water bottle, and unfolded the paper.

"179!" he shouted. Clary almost fell out of her chair. She snatched the paper from him, and started to scream. He joined her in jumping around like an idiot, but he wasn't an idiot because he got 179 on his LSTATS!

—-A FEW WEEKS AFTER APPLYING TO HARVARD—-

Magnus got home just as the mailman had filled his and Clary's mail box in the lobby. He checked his pockets for his key ring, and fiddled to find the right one to unlock the box. Finally getting it opened, he shuffled through the letters. Flyers, ads, letter for Clary, letter for Clary, and a letter for him. Magnus looked at the envelope, and in the top left corner was the Harvard shield, and the words HARVARD UNIVERSITY: Office of Administration. Magnus' mouth went dry and his heart started racing. He closed the mail box and ran straight for the elevator. When he got to his apartment, he banged on the door, his hands shaking too much to open it himself. Clary answered, and he ran right past her and to the sofa. He sat down, and a worried Clary stood in front of him.

"What's wrong?" He held the envelope up to show her, and her eyes widen. "Don't just sit there! Open it!" So Magnus did. He opened the letter even more carefully then he opened that of the LSATs. He pulled out the paper, and his face dropped.

"I..."

"Oh, Magnus. It's okay—"

"I GOT IN! He said looking up at her. Her mouth dropped and her eyes widened.

"Are you joking?" She asked making sure.

"I got in!" he repeated turning the letter towards her. She took it from him, and she read the first paragraph out loud.

"Dear Mr. Bane,

I am delighted to inform you that the Committee on Administration has admitted you to the class of 2017 under the Early Action program. Please accept my personal congratulations for your outstanding achievements!"